This will probably get more interest here...

Options
Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,749
edited March 2011 in Car Audio & Electronics
...Woofer Cooker. Should give your subs a work out.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BlKTmn3syP0&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Digs deep. Down in to the teens. Have fun but be careful, it'll blow stuff up on you.
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    edited March 2011
    Options
    would have been better if you could see the subs moving or something falling off the wall
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • Vital
    Vital Posts: 747
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Don't even know why i just clicked to hear that link - there's no sub on my notebook LOL.
    2008 Nissan Altima
    Kenwood DNX 5140
    Arc Audio IDX and XEQ
    Polk Audio SR6500 active and SR124-dvc sealed
    Polk Audio PA500.4 and PA1200.1
  • Jstas
    edited March 2011
    Options
    thsmith wrote: »
    would have been better if you could see the subs moving or something falling off the wall

Here:

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/

Watch stuff vibrate and subs nuke themselves in to extinction to your heart's desire.

• Jstas
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Vital wrote: »
    Don't even know why i just clicked to hear that link - there's no sub on my notebook LOL.

Yeah, kind of a bit lame on a notebook.

• arun1963
    arun1963 Posts: 1,797
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    ...Woofer Cooker. Should give your subs a work out.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BlKTmn3syP0&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Digs deep. Down in to the teens. Have fun but be careful, it'll blow stuff up on you.

Just wondering why this inane post is specifically suited for this forum? Is it because:

1. That car audio guys are stupid enough to be impressed by some stupid teenagers project?

2. Car audio guys here like blowing up drivers? Lots to watts to huge drivers ...et al

3. We have geniuses here who recommend bridging amp channels to car audio noobs, w/o talking about gain settings.......and then getting prissy when someone talks about sq.

I can understand your frustration at not getting "respect' on this forum. I know that eats you up like mad. Ever wonder why someone like Mac or Cody get much more respect than you?

1. Despite being brilliant at what they do, they don't have catastrophically large chips on their shoulders or up multiple body orifices.

2. Knowledge + humility breeds respect.

Reality check.
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hay Arun... I am totally confused....the guy puts a simple post in the proper section and you get all bent out of shape over it! Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed or something? Had a little spat with the wife? Perhaps haven't gotten laid in a while and need to vent? Chill man, chill.

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • arun1963
    edited March 2011
    Options
    None of the above........my post was ott yes, but thata pretty much the norm when communicating with John.

But yeah, take my post with a large pinch of salt ,on the context. The content......well that's another story.
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited March 2011
    Options
    arun1963 wrote: »
    None of the above........my post was ott yes, but thata pretty much the norm when communicating with John.

But yeah, take my post with a large pinch of salt ,on the context. The content......well that's another story.

Ok, well you need to look at things another way (just a suggestion) when responding to a post on the forum....I don't know what your beef with John is and I don't really care. But when I or a newbie to the forum reads this post, and then gets to your response to the OP, we think.."WTF, that's seems like a totally useless response..etc etc".

I could go on and on...but I think you know what I mean.

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah I love videos like this. I don't care if audiophiles look down their noses at me or not. LOL

A buddy of mine, Steve Cook, routinely implodes the windshield of his SPL van at competitions. Id link to a few but Im on my phone right now. Search in YouTube, theres a few of him on there.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • arun1963
    edited March 2011
    Options
    MacLeod wrote: »
    A buddy of mine, Steve Cook, routinely implodes the windshield of his SPL van at competitions. Id link to a few but Im on my phone right now. Search in YouTube, theres a few of him on there.

I assume there's no one in the van when that happens!!! :smile:
  • newrival
    newrival Posts: 2,017
    edited March 2011
    Options
    design is where science and art break even.
  • Jstas
    edited March 2011
    Options
    arun1963 wrote: »
    I can understand your frustration at not getting "respect' on this forum. I know that eats you up like mad. Ever wonder why someone like Mac or Cody get much more respect than you?

1. Despite being brilliant at what they do, they don't have catastrophically large chips on their shoulders or up multiple body orifices.

2. Knowledge + humility breeds respect.

Reality check.

Reality check for you. I don't need nor do I seek out your respect. I honestly couldn't care less if some crybaby on the other side of the world thinks I'm really keen or a big doodoo head. It has no bearing on my existence whatsoever.
    newrival wrote: »

Thanks, genius! Dunno if you, in your astute observations, happened to notice that I POSTED IN THAT THREAD TOO. Since most people here don't get over there and I thought there would be interest here, I thought I'd cross-post to share.

I guess this is "try to punk Jstas out" weekend, huh? I must have missed the memo. You kids should stop trying to play with the adults. You'll just get embarrassed and then tell everyone you're being bullied.

Oh and I posted the video here because most of you have car stereos with subs that are...well, at least should be capable of doing that track justice. Sorry for thinking better of you. It won't happen again.

Losers.

:rolleyes:

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2011
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Mac always is. Steve only blows his windshields apart when Mac starts telling him how car audio is "all about the SQ".

Ha! He's actually a world champion SQ competitor as well as world record holder in SPL. The guy does it all
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • newrival
    newrival Posts: 2,017
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    Thanks, genius! Dunno if you, in your astute observations, happened to notice that I POSTED IN THAT THREAD TOO. Since most people here don't get over there and I thought there would be interest here, I thought I'd cross-post to share.

I guess this is "try to punk Jstas out" weekend, huh? I must have missed the memo. You kids should stop trying to play with the adults. You'll just get embarrassed and then tell everyone you're being bullied.

Oh and I posted the video here because most of you have car stereos with subs that are...well, at least should be capable of doing that track justice. Sorry for thinking better of you. It won't happen again.

Losers.

:rolleyes:

Dude, if that's the case, why you so pissed that I aided in your cross-referencing? Thanks for proving you're the adult in the room. You sure taught me a lesson.
    design is where science and art break even.