Need help to get better sound system

Options
alexyz450
alexyz450 Posts: 1
edited March 2011 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have an f250 crew cab and i have 2 10" cvr kickers behind the rear seats with a sony xm-sd61x mono amp and an epicenter, and 4 6 1/2 hooked up to my stereo. I've had this for a long time and i am ready to upgrade i want to get 2 more 10" and another amp and get a 4 channel amp for my 6 1/2, and an equalizer i am kinda new to all this so im trying to figure out what i need and if i truly need all this to make it louder? i just want it to sound loud, but i don't have that much money. can i hook up an epicenter and equalizer? do I need both?
Post edited by alexyz450 on

Comments

• djperez81
    djperez81 Posts: 388
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Welcome to CP

I have been installing car audio for quite a while as a hobby for me and my friends and have learned alot along the way. You dont need thousands of watts or thousands of dollars to have a killer system. I blow people away when they hear my system after i tell them i only spent about 500 bucks for a new pioneer head unit, replaced all factory speakers, added 6 tweeters, 2 amps, 2 farad cap, and only 1 12in sub. I have more advice for you email me at djperez81@yahoo.com if you would like my advice.
    Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music.
    -Jimi Hendrix
  • Vital
    Vital Posts: 747
    edited March 2011
    Options
    IF you want nothing more then to be louder - you don't need an eq lol. Just add as many spakers and amps ad you possibly can. IT will sound like s@#t if you ask me but that's how you get loud.

dj perez 81 - you added 6 tweeters?? U and Alex will make a great team.
    2008 Nissan Altima
    Kenwood DNX 5140
    Arc Audio IDX and XEQ
    Polk Audio SR6500 active and SR124-dvc sealed
    Polk Audio PA500.4 and PA1200.1
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2011
    Options
    An EQ is for sounds quality. If all you want is to be loud you need power and cone area. Just go to Wal-Mart and buy the biggest amps and as many subs as you can afford.

It doesn't cost much to be loud. All the douchebags that roll thru my neighborhood at 2 AM didn't spend much at the weekend flea market downtown. Hell you can just buy an airhorn from your local Freightliner dealer and drive around blowing it.

Car audio doesn't get expensive and challenging until you want sound quality. Loud is easy.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D