ClarityCap ESA 250v

Options
JimAckley
JimAckley Posts: 1,138
edited March 2011 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
I just got an email from Chris Johnson, who's the president of Parts Connexion, and he said the ClarityCap ESA 250v caps were at customs right now, and should be available starting either Monday or Tuesday.
- Computer Rig -
YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
Pioneer SC-37, Overnight Sensations, Samsung 52" LCD

- Currently In Progress -
Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
Post edited by JimAckley on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Wooo Hooo
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • On3s&Z3r0s
    On3s&Z3r0s Posts: 1,013
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Without starting a fight (hopefully)... are these roughly in the same class as SonicCaps? And how do they burn in? (Like how long roughly should one expect it to take?)
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Maybe a little warmer, but better imaging and soundstage info. As for burn in, I found it minimal at best.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • VR3
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The ESA would be what the Gen II is if the Gen 2 actually had larger values.

The Gen 1 looks to be on par with the SA series.

The Clarity Cap MR is freakin awesome - I have no idea how they line up with the Platinums but I can tell you they are like crack for speakers to my ears.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • On3s&Z3r0s
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I wish I could convince myself to spring for the MR's. I just can't imagine spending 5x more on a handful of caps than I spent for the speakers themselves. :eek:
  • VR3
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah dont do that.

I recommend using them on tweeter networks...

That is where you will hear the most difference and appreciate the cost difference.

I cant justify spending that much on my woofer networks - I usually use the SA series which are very affordable.
  • On3s&Z3r0s
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well, just the tweeter networks on a 2B TL would be $370 for 2 12's and $188 for the 5.6's. Still a lot more than I paid for the 2B's they'd be upgrading, not including the cost of the SC's that would be going into the woofer side (those are already bought). But I definitely might give the ESA's a shot on the tweeter side.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited March 2011
    Options
    MR's do have tighter bass than SA's in LF circuits.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • VR3
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah but I can do my entire woofer network for like 100 bucks vs 1400 LOL - totally not worth it when the Excel drivers are so damn quick anyways