Went to a movie theater....yeah it sucked

Ron-P
Ron-P Posts: 8,516
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
This weekend I broke my 1 year+ record of not going to a movie theater and took the wife and daughter to see Monster Inc., fun movie.

All I can say is my HT is better.

The sound (thanks to Polk and Marantz) is better in my HT than that of the latest and greatest Edwards. The picture from my Mits 16:9 is leaps and bounds better, much cleaner and sharper. One cell phone went off. I expected the kid factor to be high and it was. The smell of food, soda, sticky floors, people that needed showers was gross. The general talk/chat level was high, kids!

The only two pluses, the large screen and big seats. Other than that i do not miss the movie theater. It will be a least another year or longer before I make the trek back to a movie theater. Next movie to get me to go (maybe) will be Star Trek: Nemesis, Christmas 2002.

Peace Out~:D
If...
Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited November 2001
    aw, c'mon ron, you are going to waste a trip on star trek? at least go back to see 'fellowship of the ring' or 'episode II'. sorry, just not a star trek fan. actually, i kind of strongly oppose it. the only reason i went to see the last one, was for the episode one trailer. i know, know, pathetic... and episode II doesn't look to be much of an improvement.

you using monoblocks?
  • Ron-P
    edited November 2001
    at least go back to see 'fellowship of the ring' or 'episode II'

Both of these will make great DVDs so I shall wait. Not big on this Lord of the Ring thing and Ep:II looks to be just as bad as Ep:I. Great DVDs though. Love the ST movies, depends on how the trailors look will be my deciding factor. Read the script and it appears to be excellent.

Mono blocks are the next upgrade. Now that the 16:9 and progressive scan player are bought, amps are at the top of the list. Bonus check and Xmas money = more power.

If...
  • juice21
    edited November 2001
    yeah, i'm a couple months behind you. just got the 800i's, working on getting rears soon, and then the 16:9 TV. so, my amps are way out in the future, well at least a year or two, but it seems like eternity.

i read the lord of the rings trilogy about 4-5 times when i was a kid, so i am very excited about these movies. everything i've seen on them so far looks pretty good. episode two IS looking to be another dissapointment...
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited November 2001
    Hi Ron-P,

Which model mitsubishi tv do you have?
    It sounds like you're very happy with it.

I'm about a week out from getting a new tv and
    it's looking like the WS-55819 platinum plus is going to get the nod. Like the looks of the diamond series, but just can't justify the extra cash for a nicer cabinet and gold connectors.

-luc
  • trubluluc
    edited November 2001
    Hi juice21-

I went to the movies to see Kpax the other night, it's decent, but wait 'til it comes out on dvd. We saw the trailers for Lord...Rings, and it looked to be very good. A big screen movie for sure. You say they are in the process of making the others in the trilogy?

-luc
  • juice21
    edited November 2001
    yeah, they are coming out for the next three christmas's, 'two towers' next year, and 'return of the king' two years from now. they actually shot most of the scenes for all three movies already. should add alot of consistency between films. i'm real excited about these. gonna have to fandango my opening night seats:D
  • trubluluc
    edited November 2001
    Juice21

Awesome! you're a brave soul. Opening night?
    not me, I'll let the suspense build and the crowds thin a while before heading out to the show.
    But I'll be there for sure.

later,

-luc
  • jdelan
    jdelan Posts: 244
    edited November 2001
    Make sure you wear your Depends, Or pray for an intermission.
    LotR is weighing in at 2Hours and 49 Minutes...So buy the Small soda and ration...
  • Ron-P
    edited November 2001
    Luc,

I have a 46" (46807). I've had it for about 7 months now and it is excellent. One reason I went with Mits was there is a boat-load of tweaking info over here atTheSPot

Which has made the picture go from out of the box OK to awesome. Progressive pictures are beautiful.

If...
  • trubluluc
    edited November 2001
    Yes the mits look clear and sharp. I like their
    promise to keep owners of current models updated when new technology comes out.

Thanks for the link, hadn't been there before.
    It hits the spot.

-luc:)
  • Ron-P
    edited November 2001
    Check THIS page out also Luc.

Tweaks

If...
  • trubluluc
    edited November 2001
    Oh man.... I can see the road ahead and it looks challenging.

;) luc