Rotels for sale

Options
criverajr
criverajr Posts: 1,675
edited August 2003 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Guys,

I am selling both my Rotel amps the RB-960BX & the RB-956AX. I like the seperates but want to consolidate so this weekend will go out and buy a RTC-1055 reciever, I love the Rotel sound Will let them go for 600 shipping included, or can work out local pickup in central jersey. Let me know if your interested e-mail me at carlos.rivera@spcorp.com. For pictures go to my showcase photos, they are both in very good condition. Will box up nicely. Also have a Yamaha 1200 reciever for sale 375.00 shipped in original box with remote, excellent condition.

Come on and help a fellow polkster out.:)
Post edited by criverajr on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited August 2003
    Options
    What is the wpc on them Criv?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • criverajr
    edited August 2003
    Options
    The 960BX is 60 wats per channel(2 channels) and the RB-956AX is 30 watts per channel(6 channels, can be used in very different configuration from 6 to three channels bridged) I don't have the manuals but they can be downloaded from the Rotel web site, you will find all the info about these units on the web site.

CRj
  • criverajr
    edited August 2003
    Options
    bump... Anyone home, if so make me an offer, lets talk I feel like making a deal, make it reasonable and get your Rotels on.

CRj
  • criverajr
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Just a point about the Flea Market, It seems that when you want to sell something here their are no takers or if certain people don't give their blessings on what other people have for sale it just sits their like the **** on a stick. On other occasions we are told that if we are not serious about selling don't list, or that why don't we give our "fellow polksters" a chance to get something first. I guess all that is just talk, so I kept my Rotels and went out and purchased a RSP-1066, and new rti70 speakers and their you go, and then some people wonder why some of us just roam and never post.

CRj:confused:
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Well, I'd love to buy BOTH of those amps. I just can't afford them at this point.

I'm sorry you can't unload these now, but the reason you can't sell is because nobody can afford them or nobody needs them. Try audiogon or ebay, nobody will be offended. We all got plenty of chances here.

Thanks!
  • criverajr
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Demiurge,

I's not the point of unloading them or even selling them somewhere else it's about the double talk and the other stuff that goes on, I seen peoples stuff get trashed and not even looked at and other people selling stuff that once an established member of the forum gives the thumbs up for get all kind of offers, believe me I am not crying or putting anyone down as that is not my style but at least a response would be nice, i.e; that price is to high! or anything else would help.

CRj
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2003
    Options
    I guess I read the $600 as a package deal for the Rotels. Don't both those amps go for somewhere around 2-250 each?

I wouldn't mind baggin the 960, that would give two, I'd bridge em in a 2ch rig SOMEHWERE around here.

I saw the post, was and am interested, but ZERO on the fundage front for a little while.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Demiurge
    edited August 2003
    Options
    I guess I hear what you're saying, but we aren't all like that.

I just make an offer on what I need and thats all. I've been a little strapped for cash because my personal budget just doesn't allow HT purchases right now.

I still think in all honesty it has nothing to do with people giving you a thumbs up or down....I think, as I said....people don't want or need the particular product, or there is a lack of scratch...like in my case.

I also think people are trying not to be dicks by making ridiculous offers.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Demiurge
    I still think in all honesty it has nothing to do with people giving you a thumbs up or down....I think, as I said....people don't want or need the particular product, or there is a lack of scratch...like in my case.

Ed Zachery
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Demiurge
    edited August 2003
    Options
  • F1nut
    edited August 2003
    Options
    :D

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Demiurge
    edited August 2003
    Options
    hahaha

Ed Zachary Disease
    A woman was very distraught at the fact that she had not had a date or any sex in quite some time.

She was afraid she might have something wrong with her, so she decided to seek the medical expertise of a sex therapist. Her doctor recommended that she see Dr. Chang, the well-known Chinese sex therapist, so she went to see him.

Upon entering the examination room, Dr. Chang said, "OK, take off all you crose." The woman did as she was told. "Now, get down and craw reery, reery fass to odder side of room." Again, the woman did as she was instructed. Dr. Chang then said, "OK, now craw reery, reery fass back to me." So she did.

Dr. Chang shook his head slowly and said, "Your probrem vewy bad. You haf Ed Zachary Disease. Worse case I ever see. Dat why you not haf sex or dates."

Worried, the woman asked anxiously, "Oh my God, Dr. Chang, what is Ed Zachary Disease?"

Dr. Chang looked the woman in the eye and replied, "Ed Zachary Disease is when your face rook Ed Zachary rike your ****."

Sorry....I figured what I said would go over your head had you not heard the joke.
  • criverajr
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Guys,

That's all I wanted was some kind of response, if the price as to high tell me, I am not an expert and have alot of learning to do on this hi-fi subject. Thanks for slapping backminto reality, I lost their for a minute, just venting, carry on McDuff.

CRj:D
  • Dpasl
    Dpasl Posts: 9
    edited August 2003
    Options
    I feel your pain. I have a set of what some of the "thumbs up" crowd has called "god's own speakers" or some such, and can't throw them away on here. Not much help to be found here for the outsider, I'm afraid. Next month's Dandy Dime classifieds will read "Polk SDA-1Cs, like new, all manuals, no boxes. Will split shipping from Tucson AZ, 85715. $700obo. Pics available." At least there my postcount won't be a hinderance...:rolleyes:
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited August 2003
    Options
    I like your offer for the Rotels Criv, they just weren't the power level I was looking for. Someone will pick them up, or just drop them on Audiogon.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited August 2003
    Options
    It is true, Gear is hard to sell on here anymore.... the flea market should be closed for renovations :D I have tried to sell several items without a near interest.. yet i have sold a few items also.. BUT on the cheap, cheap, don't come here looking to make money, its not gonna happen. "WE" sell here to help others out, or to make some fast cash.. E-bay and audiogon is to make money. it's not a bad thing about our flea market its just a fact around here. I couldnt give my sub away, my receiver, my wire practically was given away :D but what i sell if it helps someone so be it, I could go into what "i used to think" how the board works far as being in the crowd or not.. But i'm done with all that stuff as you guys might have noticed.. we are what we are here.. some do give the heads up on stuff, some stuff gets buried and never a post reply, just a fact of this forum. PLUS everyone wants the new and improved unless its vintage polk speakers or cheap priced amps and such. If you think the gear is worth something post it on e-bay, it's great to offer stuff here first, but decide first, do i wanna "hook a member up" or do i wanna try and make some money and unload it to whomever? Good Luck
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • F1nut
    edited August 2003
    Options
    I would suggest that posting photos with your ad would help a lot. If your not getting the response you want, try some salesmanship. In the end it boils down to supply and demand, if someone really wants what you have they will buy it.

President of Club Polk