Post a music video

Options
11011121315

Comments

  • Jazzhead
    Jazzhead Posts: 523
    Options
    Polk Audio first generation RTA-12s; 12 inch Polk Stands; DHS Speaker Service upgraded crossovers w/ Sonicap/Mills; the "westmassguy anti-lobing mod" (hyperdamped outer drivers/mirror imaged); tweeter anti-diffraction mod; Cardas binding posts; Neotech UPOCC internal wire; foam-lined inner driver baskets; xschop phase plugs; deleted fuses; Hurricane nuts; Sonic Barrier; Dynamat Xtreme
    Ayre K-5xeMP preamplifier
    Cambridge Audio 840C CD player; Herbie's Audio Lab Super Black Hole CD Mat
    D-Sonic Custom Audio M3a-600M monoblock amplifiers
    NAD 4155 FM/AM tuner
    Silnote Audio Morpheus Reference II Series II balanced interconnects; Virtue Audio single-ended interconnects
    Kimber 12TC speaker cable w/Furez connectors; VH Audio Flavor 4 power cables w/Furutech connectors
    Herbie's Audio Lab system isolation: Tenderfeet, Big Fat Dots, Grungebuster Dots, Little Fat Gliders
    Dedicated 20A/10 AWG circuit; Furutech GTX-D (G) outlet; Furutech eTP80; Shunyata Research Venom Defender; Synergistic Research Orange fuses
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,473
    Options
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

    Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

    Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

    "All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,029
    Options
    Just heard this duo and this tune on Vermont Public's All The Traditions.
    All I can say is wow.

    https://youtu.be/9vNtwKNoRNM?si=6kAWUTtM-Zk3WVER
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    Grace Potter and then Vermont Public Radio. I think someone is trying to communicate with me indirectly. :p
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,029
    Options
    That duo's from MinneysoTA, though.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    That duo's from MinneysoTA, though.

    IRRELEVANT!!!!!
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    edited August 2023
    Options
    WHOA! Tophat Johnny just turned me onto this little gem from 1976. I don't know how I missed this band, but they kick butt!

    Here's track 1 from their self titled album, Marcus. If you've never heard their music before, you're in for a treat.

    As Vasquez once said, "LET'S ROCK!" B)

    Edit: Recognize that opening riff? The bass player's guitar growls on this. Not sure if it'll come through from yt, but WoW! This whole album is really good and worth hunting down.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb_uQWua4qw
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    Keiko wrote: »

    Edit: Recognize that opening riff?

    It sounds like the beginning of "Miss Misery" by Nazareth from "Hair of the Dog".
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,591
    Options
    These guys still have the groove going on and so does Mick on the vocals, if you are into their sound.

    https://youtu.be/Gcpi6rE0jaw?si=2Q2IYieIGukxyrx4
    Brian

    One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    Keiko wrote: »
    WHOA! Tophat Johnny just turned me onto this little gem from 1976. I don't know how I missed this band, but they kick butt!

    Here's track 1 from their self titled album, Marcus. If you've never heard their music before, you're in for a treat.

    As Vasquez once said, "LET'S ROCK!" B)

    Edit: Recognize that opening riff? The bass player's guitar growls on this. Not sure if it'll come through from yt, but WoW! This whole album is really good and worth hunting down.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb_uQWua4qw

    I'd like to know more about this
    band. From all I can tell this leads Marcus Malone
    a percussionist who was part of
    Santana's original band. Marcus did time for stabbing someone and did heavy time in the pen.

    So is this band he was in before becoming homeless?

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MYzoiqm973M

    He also died a terrible death.

    On June 18, 2016, Malone was critically injured by an unsecured tire that flew off a passing car in Oakland and knocked him backwards onto the sidewalk. He was placed on life support at Oakland's Highland Hospital. A crowdfunding GoFundMe page for his medical expenses was set up by his personal manager and nephew, Carl Jacobs.[8] Malone was transferred to a skilled nursing facility in Alameda, California.[citation needed]

    Malone died on October 12, 2021, at the age of 77.

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Malone
  • Jazzhead
    Jazzhead Posts: 523
    Options
    Polk Audio first generation RTA-12s; 12 inch Polk Stands; DHS Speaker Service upgraded crossovers w/ Sonicap/Mills; the "westmassguy anti-lobing mod" (hyperdamped outer drivers/mirror imaged); tweeter anti-diffraction mod; Cardas binding posts; Neotech UPOCC internal wire; foam-lined inner driver baskets; xschop phase plugs; deleted fuses; Hurricane nuts; Sonic Barrier; Dynamat Xtreme
    Ayre K-5xeMP preamplifier
    Cambridge Audio 840C CD player; Herbie's Audio Lab Super Black Hole CD Mat
    D-Sonic Custom Audio M3a-600M monoblock amplifiers
    NAD 4155 FM/AM tuner
    Silnote Audio Morpheus Reference II Series II balanced interconnects; Virtue Audio single-ended interconnects
    Kimber 12TC speaker cable w/Furez connectors; VH Audio Flavor 4 power cables w/Furutech connectors
    Herbie's Audio Lab system isolation: Tenderfeet, Big Fat Dots, Grungebuster Dots, Little Fat Gliders
    Dedicated 20A/10 AWG circuit; Furutech GTX-D (G) outlet; Furutech eTP80; Shunyata Research Venom Defender; Synergistic Research Orange fuses
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Keiko wrote: »
    WHOA! Tophat Johnny just turned me onto this little gem from 1976. I don't know how I missed this band, but they kick butt!

    Here's track 1 from their self titled album, Marcus. If you've never heard their music before, you're in for a treat.

    As Vasquez once said, "LET'S ROCK!" B)

    Edit: Recognize that opening riff? The bass player's guitar growls on this. Not sure if it'll come through from yt, but WoW! This whole album is really good and worth hunting down.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb_uQWua4qw

    I'd like to know more about this
    band. From all I can tell this leads Marcus Malone
    a percussionist who was part of
    Santana's original band. Marcus did time for stabbing someone and did heavy time in the pen.

    So is this band he was in before becoming homeless?

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MYzoiqm973M

    He also died a terrible death.

    On June 18, 2016, Malone was critically injured by an unsecured tire that flew off a passing car in Oakland and knocked him backwards onto the sidewalk. He was placed on life support at Oakland's Highland Hospital. A crowdfunding GoFundMe page for his medical expenses was set up by his personal manager and nephew, Carl Jacobs.[8] Malone was transferred to a skilled nursing facility in Alameda, California.[citation needed]

    Malone died on October 12, 2021, at the age of 77.

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Malone

    This story brought tears to my eyes.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)


    There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    edited January 6
    Options
    WOW!! Crown Lands, these two guys are pretty darn good…

    0yi5v2ams5dy.jpeg
    https://youtu.be/JTKOPIGgddg?si=R3OiKTZrl8iBTU8z
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,453
    edited January 6
    Options
    ^^^^ That kicks a$$.. I love that there are groups that sound like Rush with a twist of their own sauce we hear often.. Thanks for sharing.. Had to listen to it twice. INSANE
    ..
    ..
    ..
    Randy/Maine
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    Yes, Crown Lands is incredible!
    I'll be searching them up!
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    edited January 6
    Options
    This is pretty good stuff so far.. Thanks!!!

    I should say it’s sounding pretty good on the system right now.

    kslz4h50vyc5.png

  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,591
    Options
    That Crown Lands video was awesome! Nicely produced. I'm not sure who's got it tougher, the drummer or the guitar player?! They're both gettin' busy! Lead-singing drummers are pretty impressive and I dig the "drum cam."

    Brian

    One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • Jazzhead
    Jazzhead Posts: 523
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    WOW!! Crown Lands, these two guys are pretty darn good…

    0yi5v2ams5dy.jpeg
    https://youtu.be/JTKOPIGgddg?si=R3OiKTZrl8iBTU8z

    He's throwing down some Lemmy on that bass! Those guys listened to some Rush for sure.
    Polk Audio first generation RTA-12s; 12 inch Polk Stands; DHS Speaker Service upgraded crossovers w/ Sonicap/Mills; the "westmassguy anti-lobing mod" (hyperdamped outer drivers/mirror imaged); tweeter anti-diffraction mod; Cardas binding posts; Neotech UPOCC internal wire; foam-lined inner driver baskets; xschop phase plugs; deleted fuses; Hurricane nuts; Sonic Barrier; Dynamat Xtreme
    Ayre K-5xeMP preamplifier
    Cambridge Audio 840C CD player; Herbie's Audio Lab Super Black Hole CD Mat
    D-Sonic Custom Audio M3a-600M monoblock amplifiers
    NAD 4155 FM/AM tuner
    Silnote Audio Morpheus Reference II Series II balanced interconnects; Virtue Audio single-ended interconnects
    Kimber 12TC speaker cable w/Furez connectors; VH Audio Flavor 4 power cables w/Furutech connectors
    Herbie's Audio Lab system isolation: Tenderfeet, Big Fat Dots, Grungebuster Dots, Little Fat Gliders
    Dedicated 20A/10 AWG circuit; Furutech GTX-D (G) outlet; Furutech eTP80; Shunyata Research Venom Defender; Synergistic Research Orange fuses
  • Jazzhead
    Jazzhead Posts: 523
    Options
    Polk Audio first generation RTA-12s; 12 inch Polk Stands; DHS Speaker Service upgraded crossovers w/ Sonicap/Mills; the "westmassguy anti-lobing mod" (hyperdamped outer drivers/mirror imaged); tweeter anti-diffraction mod; Cardas binding posts; Neotech UPOCC internal wire; foam-lined inner driver baskets; xschop phase plugs; deleted fuses; Hurricane nuts; Sonic Barrier; Dynamat Xtreme
    Ayre K-5xeMP preamplifier
    Cambridge Audio 840C CD player; Herbie's Audio Lab Super Black Hole CD Mat
    D-Sonic Custom Audio M3a-600M monoblock amplifiers
    NAD 4155 FM/AM tuner
    Silnote Audio Morpheus Reference II Series II balanced interconnects; Virtue Audio single-ended interconnects
    Kimber 12TC speaker cable w/Furez connectors; VH Audio Flavor 4 power cables w/Furutech connectors
    Herbie's Audio Lab system isolation: Tenderfeet, Big Fat Dots, Grungebuster Dots, Little Fat Gliders
    Dedicated 20A/10 AWG circuit; Furutech GTX-D (G) outlet; Furutech eTP80; Shunyata Research Venom Defender; Synergistic Research Orange fuses
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,029
    Options
    Since this is a Tiny Desk Concert submission, it's music by definition.

    Boston -- the Hub of the Universe.

    https://youtu.be/YsN_PRrXcwU?si=hjL-lh8Ltq2SZZlk
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    Options