can't hear

PoweredByDodge
PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
edited August 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
i'm really quite aggravated -- my ears are sllightly swollen and i can't hear for jack shizzle... and they're all like feelin like an army of fire ants are walkin around inside... and this isn't even from the car -- i have no idea what this is from.. grrrr.... how can i enjoy audio w/ no bloody ears -- i feel like the Arby's Oven Mitt.
The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
Post edited by PoweredByDodge on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited August 2003
    maybe those id maxes are finally getting to you...
    -Cody
  • phongnguyent
    phongnguyent Posts: 34
    edited August 2003
    i think its the volume of your car :P

How bout trying not to compete with the city's sound :P
  • seachange44
    seachange44 Posts: 39
    edited August 2003
    So your ears are tingling? Sometimes sinus problems, such as a sinus infection, can cause ear problems like this. Aspirin or ibuprofen can reduce inflammation, but don't take anything without asking someone qualified. If you start feeling out of balance that might mean fluid buildup in your inner ear. Either way you should call a hospital and ask to speak to a nurse, they might be able to tell you what to do.:)
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited August 2003
    ya i'm all tippy like, and off balanced and ****.

argh -- i hate callin dr.'s and stuff.

i'm tellin ya tho - it aint the car... if u hear about some guy randomly falling over dead in upstate new york of something akin to the Ebola Virus -- well -- that be me.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited August 2003
    Dude, just stop yer whinin and goto the doctor otherwise, you may lose your hearing completely and permanently. Ear infections can do that.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • seachange44
    seachange44 Posts: 39
    edited August 2003
    Did you ever see that episode of the Facts of Life where Tootie was having hearing trouble?-She would have lost her hearing if Natalie and Blair hadn't convinced her to tell Mrs. Garrett by the end of the episode.

All kidding aside you should see a doctor now, if they schedule you for six months from now or something ridiculous then go to the hospital...You might even have someone else drive you-you could get in an accident if your balance is off.

I know I'm a geek and I wear ear plugs to concerts and such but hearing is obviously important.

P.S.-this really was an episode of the Facts of Life!

:rolleyes:
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited August 2003
    the facts of life............................... i dont even know what to say to that.

:p

how do u like this - my dr. retired - and since i didn't fill out some paperwork that i dont think i ever even got, that would have transferred my files to some other dude, now i have "officially" no doctor... i've gotta put in for a new one... grrrrrrr... imma just call my mom's dr. and see what he says.
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited August 2003
    add to my misery -- goin on day 3 of no cigarettes-- quitting sucks... it really does.

*grumbling ... loud... not that i can hear it though.. lmfao*
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited August 2003
    Vinnie...I thought I told you not to stick your head in the box ports :0)

take it easy on the ears man...they all ya got!!!:D
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited August 2003
    its actually gotten a bit better... apparently keflex (spelling) worked again... its been like a week or so and i feel much better -- not 100% but its not like i'm friggin deaf anymore.

... few days of healin and i raised all the gains on my amps, so its better i guess.

last time i had a hearing test they told me that while i had very good accuracy and had no problem with the difft frequencies, i was flirtin with like 15-20% sensitivity (volume) loss.

that was when i had my physical and shizzle for transferring schools -- like a year and a half ago or somethin.

i'll live me thinx :)