GNX124 vs Polk/MOMO MM2124

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited August 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a pair of 12" Polk Audio GNX124 Subs. I just saw online that Polk/MOMO came out with a new sub called Polk/MOMO2124. On Crutchfield.com, the MOMO's are 140$ per sub. And the GNX are 160$ per sub. How come the GNX costs more, even though the MOMO's are newer? I was just wondering If I should keep the GNX's or get the new MOMO's. And can someone plz tell me which one is better?
Thanks!
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited August 2003
    dude use your GNX's as a port-a-potty and go snag some of the new momo subs...

i haven't heard them yet but i'm going to at some point soon... specs look to be a slight improvement over the DX series.

sensitivity is up 2 db's / power handling is the same at 400 watts rms / magnet weight it up by 50% from 40 oz. to 60 oz.

if it sounds as good as its specs... then i've got a new favorite polk sub.

the gnx however, i loathe with a hatred suited only for the most base creatures.

head to head the new momo beats the gnx by over 200 watts RMS power handling / excursion has to be much less / rigidity of the cone i would image is much less on the GNX / and overall build quality probably is too.

go hit up circuit city -- and try one out... then you'll know for yourself.. buy it form crutchfield or wherever your'e happy but for now just find a store that has one in stock that u can listen to.

150 bucks for that sub is not bad money either -- to me, if it is as good as i hope, its worth 200 ... i dont wanna have to pay 200 for it...lol... ebay... but its worth it. that's what IDQ's go for.

i do so hope this new momo sub also has the SQ of the older subs... where the original momo faltered, i've been hoping this one will pick up the slack.

its not a repalcement for the "big" momo, its just another momo line... which is good... variety is nice.

*twiddling fingers*

i want those subs... grrrr....

anybody wanna buy my girlfriend's subs? so i can buy the new momo's ???? pleeeeease? lol.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited August 2003
    by the way 160 for a GNX is about as bad as getting a caddle prod in the rear.. ya know?

question though -- what kind of power does your amp put out?

if your amplifier does not put out probably at least 300 x 2 at 4 ohms or 600 x 1 at 2 ohms, then you probably wont be able to adequately run the new momo subs without getting a new amp.

so that's something you'll wnat to think about before u go spend money on new subs -- even tho i think the new ones are much better, you still have to think whether or not they'll jive with your amp.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge