Is DTS getting the AXE

CHRIS
CHRIS Posts: 454
edited June 2002 in Music & Movies
I went to their site to check out the 50% off sale and its off until Dec. 3rd because of an over load.
But why the sale, is DTS throwing in the towel or what is happening. Does anyone know (RON-P) what is going on? I would hate to see it go, DTS rocks compared to DD IMO.
Chris
Chris :)
Post edited by CHRIS on

Comments

• dhmac
    dhmac Posts: 7
    edited November 2001
    It looks more like they are getting out of the direct sale market only. DTS tracks will continue on DVDs, but you'll probably have to buy them elsewhere.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited November 2001
    They are going thru a major revamp. I was at their lab not 3 months ago and they told me it was coming.

The site will be back up on Monday (19th) full bore, so they said, for the sale. After that it is just sit tight until their new site is up.

Take comfort my friend, dts is not going anywhere. Thank the gods of HT!

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • briancs
    briancs Posts: 193
    edited June 2002
    Ron? I am not trying to impose at all. But with your remark of you being at their lab 3 months ago. I must ask what is your proffesion? I presume it was work related. Do you work some where in the A/V or movie field?
    The guy with $40.00 mains and a $700.00 subwoofer.
  • Ron-P
    edited June 2002
    Negative, I was their for a local Home Theater Meet back in May and then returned in August to pick up demo disk#4.

If...
  • BESKI64
    BESKI64 Posts: 28
    edited June 2002
    Ron (Anybody),

I had e-mailed DTS about 2 weeks ago to ask about Demo Disc #4 and they said it may be available in 1-2 months....does anybody know where else you can order or buy this disc ??

Thanks,
    Tom
  • Ron-P
    edited June 2002
    Actually, it was #5 I picked up, not #4. I got #4 at the meet I went to. dts's reply seems strange because #5 has been out for awhile and they do not go back and reproduce older demo disks.

I have dts-demo disks 2, 3, 4 & 5. They seem to get about $30+/ea on ebay. I might put them up and see if I can clear a Franklin for the quad.

If...
  • johnnyamerika
    johnnyamerika Posts: 382
    edited June 2002
    I have disks 3,4 and 5, and would be willing to unload them for a good offer.

I also have a DTS Interactive shirt, same thing applies.
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited June 2002
    Originally posted by johnnyamerika
    I have disks 3,4 and 5, and would be willing to unload them for a good offer.

so, is a 10 spot a 'good' offer...;)
  • johnnyamerika
    johnnyamerika Posts: 382
    edited June 2002
    For you, Juice, I'll think about it ;)