An Important Message from Polk

Options
kab
kab Posts: 275
edited March 2010 in Car Audio & Electronics
In the spring of 1996, we opened this website with a vision of providing information, advice and a place for members of the Polk "family" to gather and share their experiences.

This forum opened at the same time. To the best of my knowledge, it was the first by any manufacturer in the consumer electronics industry. We debated whether we would be exposing ourselves if we ran an open and un-moderated forum but, in the end, concluded that the an honest bulletin board was best for you and us (even though we sometimes have to take our medicine in public).

We envisioned an active, entertaining and informative population of Polk owners, believers and enthusiasts being there to welcome the new members of our (and your) family. To help them sort through the confusion that everyone has experienced at some point. To share our enjoyment of music and film. To make them feel that their a member of a special "family." Was this a pipe dream? I don't think so.

You know that we've been true to our promise. I ask now that you take your responsibility seriously.

It's ok to kid and rib other family members. But like in most families, kindness and courtesy is expected. Abuse is a sign of dysfunction. Sometime Dad has to step in.

Unfortunately, I have to be Dad now. Sit down and listen to what I have to say. When I'm through, you can talk.

For some time now, the exchanges from and between certain individuals on the forum have been getting increasing vile (you know who you are). I know for a fact that some newbies have been run off by abuse and scorn. That is not the Polk way. If you haven't figured it out by know, we're pretty friendly. We are thrilled add new members to our family - just as we once welcomed you. They're your family too - so be nice.

This forum, and by extension your postings, are a reflection on Polk Audio. And we're very serious about our reputation.

I hope you will take this message to heart. For now, this is all I'll say. Let's see if everyone will act responsibly.

Thank you for being in the family. We're glad to have you - all of you.

Al Ballard
VP Marketing
Post edited by kab on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Wow.... even back then.. seems like the issues we face today.. began a long time ago.

not sure whY i keep finding these little old gems but I do. ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2010
    Options
    F you Al! We behave just fine around here.

:D
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I think he cut and pasted this post into the one last week.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I think 'Dad' should post this sort of wisdom a little more often ;) . Anyway, bringing this old post back is quite in line with the present effort from admin to enforce and improve the ruling and implementation of moderation. Seems like 2010 will be a great year for CP!

Cheers!
    TK
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I believe that everything has been discussed thoroughly by now. It's time to start participating normally again and assisting new and old members. Go turn up the volume on your Polk speakers.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
This discussion has been closed.