Blew My EX3560

jamas33
jamas33 Posts: 89
edited August 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have two pairs of EX3560 front doors and rear doors. Each one powered by Kenwood Excelone model 301 Amps. The Rears Blew... Front is going strong.. I wonder what caused this? Now I'm in search of another EX560 or I might have to change the front too if I cant find the 3560. What do you guys feel about the DX or DB series? any word? Or any recommendations?
Equipment List:
Head Unit: Kenwood Excelon XXV-005
Planet Audio P13.3
Ipod 60 GB
XBox
AMPS:
Kicker KX1200.1
Kicker KX850.4
Speakers:
Front: Kicker RS65
Rear: Kicker RS65
Rear Deck: Pioneer 4x10 (AAARGH)
Subs: 2 Kicker 15L7

my car: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/571313
Post edited by jamas33 on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited July 2003
    i love the old DB and DX series...

the new "db juniors" look decent too. comparable, according to the polkies, to the EX III's but slightly better actually.

define "blew" --- if u only damaged one driver, or one tweeter, or one crossover or whatever it may be adviseable for you to simply buy the replacement part - whether new or used.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • jamas33
    edited July 2003
    Ok the symptoms are.. the speakers on the left side fades in and out.. the ones on the left doesnt play. They tested the tweeters and they are in good condition. I'll probably go tomorrow and get them to test the woofers. The guy told me It might be the crossovers that went bad. If so.. where do I get this? Polk? where can I find them? and cost and all info? Thanks a million for your help
    Equipment List:
    Planet Audio P13.3
    Ipod 60 GB
    XBox
    AMPS:
    Kicker KX1200.1
    Kicker KX850.4
    Speakers:
    Rear Deck: Pioneer 4x10 (AAARGH)
    Subs: 2 Kicker 15L7

my car: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/571313
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited July 2003
    you can test the woofer by simply jumping a short piece of wire from the (+) terminal of the INPUT wire to the (+) terminal of the WOOFER wire... play at about 1/2 volume (so u dont overpower anything)... if the woofer plays, its a good woofer.

i had my crossover go bad the other day -- the coil came unsoldered from its terminal and the woofer would not play.

if it is the crossovers, you can either replace any (or all) parts inside for probably 15 bucks per crossover (ya paying retail for parts sucks on small amounts).... or you can just buy new crossovers... i'm sure you could find them on ebay or something like that.

if not - the polkie's oughta have them... just be sure u know what's wrong before u go buying crossovers and then being like "oh **** its not the crossover, now i'm out XYZ bucks".
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • jamas33
    edited August 2003
    Hey Dodge.. thanks for the info
    actually it didnt blow.. seems like the wiring for the left rear went bad.. so they rewired.

Thanks for the help
    Equipment List:
    Planet Audio P13.3
    Ipod 60 GB
    XBox
    AMPS:
    Kicker KX1200.1
    Kicker KX850.4
    Speakers: