Duke Nukem Forever in store may 3rd

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,712
edited January 2011 in Video Games
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/01/21/exclusive-duke-nukem-forever-has-a-release-date.aspx

There's a trailer video but you gotta enter an age to see it so embedding it is difficult. Go to the Game Informer link above and you can watch it easily there. Video has tons of in-game footage.

Looks campy and schlocky and a whole lot of rollicking violence, cheesy one-liners and piles and piles of fun!

Might be worth a pre-order.
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• punk-roc
    punk-roc Posts: 1,150
    edited January 2011
    hahaha, I had given up even thinking about this game.. I didn't think it'd ever get made.. Now I'll have to take a look.. I spent way too many hours playing Duke Nukem and making levels for Duke Nukem 3d

Jason
    2-Channel - So far...
    Pre: Dodd ELP
    DAC: W4S-Dac2
    Source(s): Computer and Denon 2910
    Amp: Parasound HCA-1200II
    Speakers: LSi9s - Vr3 Fortress Mod
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited January 2011
    Just watched the trailer, pure awesomeness!!!
  • punk-roc
    punk-roc Posts: 1,150
    edited January 2011
    "Its time to kick **** and chew bubble gum, and I'm all outta gum!"
    2-Channel - So far...
    Pre: Dodd ELP
    DAC: W4S-Dac2
    Source(s): Computer and Denon 2910
    Amp: Parasound HCA-1200II
    Speakers: LSi9s - Vr3 Fortress Mod
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2011
    Vaporware, has been for years.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited January 2011
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Not this time. It's got a real studio behind it this time and is basically ready.

I realize we've been close to this point before with it, but never this far.

This is the year...Brett Fav-ra finally retires, and Duke Nukem finally hits the shelves.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited January 2011
    This will be bought....without a doubt in my mind!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    edited January 2011
    Shake it, baby! Can't wait.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • Jstas
    edited January 2011
    RuSsMaN wrote: »

It's not vaporware, dude. The reason it's not being released until May 3rd is because they just started production of the retail sets in late November. It takes some time to ramp up production, check quality controls and build enough inventory to get it distributed effectively.

It's a new studio with an already well made stable of games that support the profitability. They took on Duke Nukem 'cause it was already developed but unfinished.They can afford to finish and release this without it killing the company like it did to Apogee who really hadn't had a hit game in 6 years at least.

Duke Nukem is back. You'd best get in line to get your copy! Line starts behind me!

Might actually have to get a PS3 for this one. Hopefully my brother is still working at GameStop in May and we can get a demo copy for the XBOX and see how it plays.

• RuSsMaN
    edited January 2011
    I've got video and screenshots from the 'release' 10 years ago, the again from the release 3 or 4 years ago. I'll believe when I see it sitting on the shelf.

If anyone does still play Duke 3D, I have about 30 deathmatch levels that I made, and a large, single player level if anyone wants them.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Jstas
    edited January 2011
    My brother just told me his GameStop is due to get it's retail shipment April 20th and is taking pre-orders now. They also have a notice for an inventory stock shipment of Official Strategy Guides from Brady Games.

It's difficult to write a strategy guide for vaporware since you need to have a researcher actually play the game to develop a strategy.

• ysss
    ysss Posts: 213
    edited January 2011
    I think the world will end on May 2nd ;)
  • jbooker82
    jbooker82 Posts: 1,627
    edited January 2011
    Yea some good games coming out in the next
    6 monts or so. Mortal Kombat, Duke Nukem, Twisted Metal, and Max Payne.
    AVR: Onkyo Tx-NR808
    Amplifier: Carver A-753x 250 watts x 3
    Fronts: Polk RTI A7 (modded by Trey VR3)
    Center: CSI A4 (modded by Trey VR3)
    Rear: FXI A4
    Sub: Polk DSW Pro 660wi
    TV: LG Infinia 50PX950 3D
    Speaker Cable: AudioQuest Type 8
    IC: AudioQuest Black Mamba II
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited January 2011
    Over the top, and rightfully so! :biggrin:
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2011
    You guys are going to love it, just finished play testing it with my brother yesterday.

It is actually going to happen.