An Important Message from Polk

kab
kab Posts: 275
edited November 2001 in Music & Movies
In the spring of 1996, we opened this website with a vision of providing information, advice and a place for members of the Polk "family" to gather and share their experiences.

This forum opened at the same time. To the best of my knowledge, it was the first by any manufacturer in the consumer electronics industry. We debated whether we would be exposing ourselves if we ran an open and un-moderated forum but, in the end, concluded that the an honest bulletin board was best for you and us (even though we sometimes have to take our medicine in public).

We envisioned an active, entertaining and informative population of Polk owners, believers and enthusiasts being there to welcome the new members of our (and your) family. To help them sort through the confusion that everyone has experienced at some point. To share our enjoyment of music and film. To make them feel that their a member of a special "family." Was this a pipe dream? I don't think so.

You know that we've been true to our promise. I ask now that you take your responsibility seriously.

It's ok to kid and rib other family members. But like in most families, kindness and courtesy is expected. Abuse is a sign of dysfunction. Sometime Dad has to step in.

Unfortunately, I have to be Dad now. Sit down and listen to what I have to say. When I'm through, you can talk.

For some time now, the exchanges from and between certain individuals on the forum have been getting increasing vile (you know who you are). I know for a fact that some newbies have been run off by abuse and scorn. That is not the Polk way. If you haven't figured it out by know, we're pretty friendly. We are thrilled add new members to our family - just as we once welcomed you. They're your family too - so be nice.

This forum, and by extension your postings, are a reflection on Polk Audio. And we're very serious about our reputation.

I hope you will take this message to heart. For now, this is all I'll say. Let's see if everyone will act responsibly.

Thank you for being in the family. We're glad to have you - all of you.

Al Ballard
VP Marketing