Roddy Piper says...

PoweredByDodge
PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
edited August 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
<I>"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ****...

... and I'm all out... of bubblegum." - Rowdy Roddy Piper</I>

Just saw "THEY LIVE" again at like 3 AM on American Movie Classics... god I love that damn movie...
The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
Post edited by PoweredByDodge on

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited July 2003
    Shame they bleep out all the foul language!

It's such a campy movie! I can't help but watch it! And I don't care what all the movie weenies say! The 15 minute fight scene rules!

What I really want to know is how did that "screen ham" The Rock get the kick-**** movie career when Rowdy Roddy Piper was a billion times better as an action star?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited July 2003
    Originally posted by Jstas
    What I really want to know is how did that "screen ham" The Rock get the kick-**** movie career when Rowdy Roddy Piper was a billion times better as an action star?
    *in his best Rock voice*
    "cuz the rock says"
    -Cody
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited July 2003
    That's Stone Cold's deal.

" 'CAUSE STONE COLD SAYS SO!!!!!"
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited July 2003
    piper actually had a decent career for someone of his time.

in that day a wrestler could only hope to be a hack in movies rather than a mid grade star...

if u look at the lack of sex appeal with piper and the lack of promotion behind him (vince macmahon HATED him with a passion whereas he loves the Rock) piper did damn good.

he was in 'they live' ... he was also in another movie with a wrestler named Tonga (see "Tag Team" below in movies) or some crap like that -- it was about them havin to win back some cash to save the family farm or some dumb thing... he was also a regular on a tv show - oh hell i'll just look it up...

*time passes*

ok here... internet movie database gives as follows... god i never heard of 9/10 of these... this guy has a bad a movie career as Robert Patrick (See note in quote)... lots of talent, no good roles.

MOVIES

Cyber Meltdown (2004) (in production)
    Code Black (2004) (announced)

Jack of Hearts (1999/I) .... Captain Deeks
    Legless Larry & the Lipstick Lady (1999) .... Legless Larry
    Shepherd (1999) .... Miles
    ... aka Cybercity (1999) (USA: cable TV title)
    Last to Surrender (1998) .... Nick Ford
    Hard Time (1998) (TV) .... Randy
    Bad Pack, The (1998) .... Dash Simms
    First Encounter (1997)
    ... aka Moral Code (1997) (Thailand: English title)
    Dead Tides (1997) .... Mick Leddy
    Sci-fighters (1996) .... Det. Cameron Grayson
    Jungleground (1995) .... Lt. Jacob 'Jake' Cornell
    Marked Man (1995) .... Frank Gibson
    Terminal Rush (1995) .... Bartel
    Tough and Deadly (1995) (V) .... Elmo Freech
    Back in Action (1994) .... Frank Rossi
    Immortal Combat (1994) .... John Keller
    ... aka Resort to Kill (1994) (USA: video title)
    No Contest (1994) .... Ice
    Tag Team (1991) (TV) .... Rick McDonald
    Love Boat: A Valentine Voyage, The (1990) (TV) .... Maurice Steiger
    ... aka Love Boat: A Summer Cruise, The (1990) (TV)

Buy & Cell (1989) .... Cowboy
    They Live (1988) .... Nada
    ... aka John Carpenter's They Live (1988) (USA: complete title)
    ... aka They Live! (1988) (USA: poster title)
    Body Slam (1987) .... Quick Rick Roberts
    Hell Comes to Frogtown (1987) .... Sam Hell
    Highwayman, The (1987) (TV) .... Preacher
    ... aka Terror on the Blacktop (1987) (TV)

TV APPEARANCES IN SHOWS.....

"Mentors" (1998) playing "Daniel Boone" in episode: "The Rescue" (episode # 1.13) 26 March 2000
    "Outer Limits, The" (1995) playing "Marlon" in episode: "Small Friends" (episode # 5.3) 5 February 1999
    "Walker, Texas Ranger" (1993) playing "Cody "The Crusader" Conway" in episode: "Crusader" (episode # 6.16) 31 January 1998
    "Weird Weekends" (1997) playing "Himself" (uncredited) in episode: "Wrestling"
    "Robocop" (1994) playing "Commander Cash" in episode: "Robocop vs. Commander Cash" (episode # 1.14) 4 July 1994
    "Highlander" (1992) playing "Anthony Gallen" in episode: "Epitaph for Tommy" (episode # 2.10) 29 November 1993
    "Monstervision" (1993) playing "Himself"
    "Silk Stalkings" (1991) playing "Jimmy Snow" in episode: "Wild Card" (episode # 2.4) 15 October 1992
    "Superboy" (1988) playing "Adrian Temple" in episode: "Metamorphosis" (episode # 4.20) 3 May 1992
    "Zorro" (1990) playing "Bishop" in episode: "Broken Heart, Broken Mask" (episode # 2.9) 9 November 1990
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited July 2003
    oh and as far as wrestling tag lines.... some good ones from back in the day when wrestling was still good (this spanned up to 1999).

LINE: "HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGANNNNNNNNNN! ..."
    guy: The Ultimate Warrior
    ... the longest awaited, most anticipated first words in something like 7 years of silence... hyped to no end... had enormous potential, but fluttered off to **** cuz Hogan has an ego the size of this man's biceps...

note - while mr. warrior (yes he legally changed his name to mr. warrior to help his suit against the WWF for his character rights / name) is a man of like zero words in the ring, he's quite the self educated elocutionist on his website (www.ultimatewarrior.com) that SOB is long winded as hell... god read some of his posts and updates and crap -- he makes john look like a MUTE. and its all political and philosophical... gives me brain drain after a while... but he's a swift guy so its all good. i ordered a Warrior University T-shirt a few years ago and took like forever and a goddamn day to come in the mail, and i wanted it in time for a powerlifting competition i had coming up... at the time the warrior had fallen into obscurity, and nothing intimidated opponents like a 275 pound guy screaming at the top of his lungs in full warrior face paint and T-shirt... anywho -- goddamn thing never got here... so i wrote an email and bitched... he calls me up few days later goes "i apologize for the shipping lag, i didn't know it was time sensitive, let me send you a couple of varying designs" so i got out of it with 4 bitchin t-shirts that i glady wore till they were thread-bare. ... yes i was surprised the goddamn warrior called me up about a t-shirt order... he's f***in crazy... i swear.

... i'm rambling.

LINE: "Viva la raza"
    guy: Konan
    ... nothin like a dirty scuzzy pimp lookin guy representin'.

LINE: "Heeey YO! Time.... for a.... survey..."
    guy: Scott Hall
    ... Razor Ramon never got old... he just turned into an alcoholic and fell off the face of the earth.

LINE: "Puppies... JR.... its the PUPPIES!!!!!!!!!!"
    guy: Jerry the King Lawler regarding Sable's vertical half.

LINE: "WHO CARES?"
    guy: Random fan.
    when Nitro was played live, they over did the sting / hogan thing too much... on like the 20th night that sting came down from the rafters (complete with baseball bat), Tony Schiavone goes "OMG FOLKS ITS STING>>>> ITS STING>>> !!!!!" as if anyone was surprised... well a random fan yelled out, quite audibly "Who cares?"... Tony was like "well.... we do.. ya... wow its sting" -- i just was sittin there like "i should be watching RAW"

LINE: "Welcome to Monday Night JERICHO... say it with me... ROLE MODEL"
    guy: CHris Jericho.
    ... still probably my 2nd favorite wrestler of all time in his pre-steroid days (pre - wwf days). he actually looked like a normal beefed up dude who just had a bad attidue and really good hair (envious of his hair i am...)

LINE: "I AM NOT A NUGGETT!! I AM A BLACKHEART!! THE SOLE SURVIVOR!!!!"
    guy: the late great owen heart.
    he was called "nuggett" cuz of his boxy nose, looked like a chicken nugget on his face.

anywho -- figure in just about everything that came out of Sean Michael's mouth and you've got some good material.

I miss good wrestling.. it was great stuff.
  • C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited July 2003
    My favorite was always, "It's true, it's true".... Kurt Angle

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls children of all ages, D-Generation X proudly brings to you... it's WWF Tag Team Champions of the Wooooooooorrrrrrrrllllllllllllddddddddd!!!!! The Road Dogg Jesse James, the Bad **** Billy Gunn... The New Age Outlaws"
    (Don't ask me how I remembered that)
    "The Big C"
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2003
    Don't forget his guest appearance on "The Man Show" where he was a challenge on the "wheel of destiny". I think he got his **** kicked by some audience member.
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited July 2003
    You know for all the wrestlers that have come and gone there are only really two that stand out for me. They both made me want to watch week in and week out.

In the eighties and early nineties it was the Ultimate Warrior. That guy just gave me chills for some reason. A ton of energy and he was great to watch.

The other (I can hear the groans now from the readers) was Chyna. When I first saw her I was like "Who the F**K his that freak!" Then she kicked some guy inb the balls and I was like "When is she on again?" I don't know why but I always liked her.....well mostly....except for in the end when they had this terrible story line with her and Eddie G. But I think they (Vince) did that more to embarass her.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited August 2003
    i saw that episode Josh, it was pretty funny
    and yes he the audience member did give him a run for his money...only b/c the audience guy was old and roddy probably wouldve given him a heart attack if he did anything back...
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited August 2003
    Headline...

"Piper Kills Old Man, no, not Hogan..."