4 speakers, 2 channel amp

deathjunior
deathjunior Posts: 14
edited January 2011 in Car Audio & Electronics
Alright so im rebuilding my entire stereo system in my grand prix.
For the subs im going both spl and sq so those will be dual RE audio SEx subs. The amp powering them will be an MTX JH1200 running at 1 ohm. I know that will be okay and it should be easy to run. However I am having trouble deciding on powering my speakers. The speakers up front will be a set of dxi 6.5 components in kick panels and a set of db 5.25 components in the doors. Then for the rear deck ill be using 6x9 dxi's and 4 inch dxi's. The problem im running into is going to be powering the speakers. Ive got 3 options, i can run two PA330 amps then just run the speakers in paralel one amp for fronts and one for backs(this will be the cheapest by far). I can run 4 PA330 amps(not bad but it isnt cheap and the 4 inch dxi's cant handle more than 45 rms watts and thats 30 less than the amp will put out). The last option is running two PA660's (the problem here is the same as the first but i can get two of the PA330's for less than one PA660)

What should i do?
Post edited by deathjunior on

Comments

• deathjunior
    edited January 2011
    Good idea but what i didnt mention is that i work at best buy and polk audio has an accommodation for the workers there so i get my entire set of speakers and amps for less than one set of MM components. So im kinda stuck with DXI's
  • Vital
    Vital Posts: 747
    edited January 2011
    Can you get the same "killer" deal on MM?
    2008 Nissan Altima
    Kenwood DNX 5140
    Arc Audio IDX and XEQ
    Polk Audio SR6500 active and SR124-dvc sealed
    Polk Audio PA500.4 and PA1200.1
  • arun1963
    arun1963 Posts: 1,797
    edited January 2011
    Good idea but what i didnt mention is that i work at best buy and polk audio has an accommodation for the workers there so i get my entire set of speakers and amps for less than one set of MM components. So im kinda stuck with DXI's

unless you're getting an 8ch processor for free, there is no point running 5 set of speakers.
  • deathjunior
    edited January 2011
    Na i can only get the accommodation on select polk speakers and amps we sell at best buy so the mm's are out of the question on it. Its an accommodation polk does for many of its retailers. So im stuck with the subs and amps i can get. As for running the 4 sets of speakers. Im deffinetly running speakers to fill the stock speaker slots first of all, so im going to run the 6x9's and the 4's in the rear deck no matter what. As for the front speakers i know the 6.5's can reach lower tones than the 5.25s but i still want a set in the doors and i dont want to have to modify the door's to much because i want to be able to replace the stockers if i have to. So the kick panels from q logic will house the 6.5's and thier tweets. As for the 5.25's ill run the 5.25 woofers in the doors and ive got a second set of sail panels for the car and ill drill holes and mount those tweets in them.
  • kawizx9r
    kawizx9r Posts: 5,150
    edited January 2011
    If you're going to put alot of work/effort into creating this setup, why not do it right and spend a little extra $$ on better components?

Having just 1 set of components to power will just leave you cash to get an even better amp for them as well. The extra headroom is always a plus.
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

heiney9 wrote: »
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited January 2011
    kawizx9r wrote: »
    If you're going to put alot of work/effort into creating this setup, why not do it right and spend a little extra $$ on better components?

It would probably be A LOT of extra money. Accommodation purchases are usually 1/4 of retail price.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • kawizx9r
    kawizx9r Posts: 5,150
    edited January 2011
    exalted512 wrote: »
    It would probably be A LOT of extra money. Accommodation purchases are usually 1/4 of retail price.
    -Cody

Geez, that much savings?

I withdraw my statement :tongue:
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

heiney9 wrote: »
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.
  • deathjunior
    edited January 2011
    Alright so back to the idea now that exalted explained it a little better lol, like i said i can pick up all 4 speakers and two PA330 amps for less than one set of the mm components, i know there a great set of speakers, but i dont get the accommodation on em so what should i do wiring wise. Would i just run one power wire to the positive side on the first crossover and the ground to - of the first crossover, then just run power and ground from one crossover to the other? Thad be parralel