RTI28s as surrounds?

Options
dre
dre Posts: 2
edited July 2003 in Speakers
Hey everyone,

I just recently purchased the RTI70 towers for my mains, the csi40 for my center, and the RTI28's for surrounds. I'm using an Onkyo 501 receiver. I also have a 10" Velodyne sub, monster cables,monster power and monster speaker wire.

My question is...should I use the 28's for surrounds or should I sell em and get some surrounds from the FX series?...will I really notice that much difference?

The Onkyo is a 6.1 receiver and I will buy the 6th speaker when I get the cash, but until then, do you guys think it's necessary to first get some FXs and scrap the 28s?

Oh how I love being a circuit city employee...being able to order direct from polk at cost is the best thing ever.

I'd really appreciate any input

Thanks,
Dre

Reciever: Onkyo 501
Center: CSI40
Mains: RTI70s
Surrounds: RTI28s
Sub: Velodyne 10" CHT10
Monster everything

I love this stuff
Post edited by dre on

Comments

• Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    edited July 2003
    Options
    If you have a 6.1 setup I would recommend getting the FXi30's for you side surrounds and keep one of the RTi28's for your rear center surround. You can always auction off the other RTi28 to someone else that has a 6.1 setup.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited July 2003
    Options
    You could also wire the other RTi28 in parallel, and use it instead of selling it. I echo the use of a FXi30 or FXi50 depending on your room size.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Double_S
    Double_S Posts: 56
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    You could also wire the other RTi28 in parallel, and use it instead of selling it. I echo the use of a FXi30 or FXi50 depending on your room size.

I second that! I use dual rt25i's as my rear surrounds(7.1) and they work great back there:D
  • dre
    dre Posts: 2
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Thanks for the replies guys...

I think I may just hold on to these for the time being and maybe get the FXi30s for christmas.

I'm a college student and I just spent a fat wad on my setup, built it from scratch, can't really afford the FX's right now unless I sell the 28s while they are still new in box, but I really appreciate the input, i haven't seen the place i'm moving into yet, I hear it's pretty good sized but I'll still probably go with the 30s, 7 speakers in an average sized living room may be already on the verge of overkill, we'll see.

Thanks guys

Dre

guess the next question is...to bi-wire or not...ive already decided to use monster cable instead of the stock connector between the posts if I dont' go all out and bi-wire, i'm using monster xp cable, wonder if I'd really hear a difference...