RTI A9 Wiring

Options
hosedagain
hosedagain Posts: 116
edited January 2011 in Speakers
Hi, hooking my new speakers and want to bi-ware them. The speakers I replaced are bi-wired using banana plugs. The manual says "To Use Banana Plugs ( US Only)" Goes onto say "Carefully pry out the binding post plugs to expose banana plug holes." (this is for US owners only).
Anybody know why the US only owners can use banana plugs? Do the speakers know where they are? if they do will they reject the plugs? OK now seriously
why the US only FTW? I am in Canada.
Thanks
Post edited by hosedagain on

Comments

• nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Only US owners can use banana plugs because they built in a system that disables the speaker if they're used in any other country.

No.. not really. The "this is for US owners only" means that they probably only put the plugs in the US model.... Anyone can use banana plugs.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • hosedagain
    hosedagain Posts: 116
    edited January 2011
    Options
    nguyendot wrote: »
    Only US owners can use banana plugs because they built in a system that disables the speaker if they're used in any other country.

No.. not really. The "this is for US owners only" means that they probably only put the plugs in the US model.... Anyone can use banana plugs.

Going to use banana plugs anyways just curious why they would put that in their manual
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Because as I said, more than likely only the US version has the plugs in the banana plug holes....

Other countries should just be able to plug in without removing anything.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • BeRad
    BeRad Posts: 736
    edited January 2011
    Options
    if you don't have anything handy to pry out the plug, just unscrew the terminals all the way and they will pull the plug out. (obviously replace the terminal nut)
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Hosedagain - The actual problem is that overseas AC(power) uses an outlet very similar to the banana termination, more specifically the dual banana plug, and in order not to kill people, Polk chose to use binder plugs and a disclaimer.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.