Tiger Woods 2012: The Masters...

Tour2ma
Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
edited April 2011 in Video Games
Just announced by Augusta National and EA Sports...

http://www.ea.com/tiger-woods

Swore I'd never buy another golf sim, but...
More later,
Tour...
Vox Copuli
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
Post edited by Tour2ma on

Comments

• bopicasso
    bopicasso Posts: 878
    edited January 2011
    I hope they make it so that the move works well with this.. If so I would definately buy it.
    Living Room setup: Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH, Krell KAV 300i, PS Audio DL III DAC, Tyler Acoustics Taylo 7u, Dynaudio Audience 120C+, SVS 25/31PCI, B-P-T Clean Power Center, Ps3, Panny 50" S1 Plasma, Tekline speaker cables, Audio Art interconnects, and Pangea power cables.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited January 2011
    Well I was going to buy the last one 'cause it was move compatible but I will wait...I love Woods since it was on PS2...me and the wife aren't golfers but we enjoy the PS Tiger PS games and upgrade every couple years
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited January 2011
    Looks awesome.

2011 is OK with the Move, but you can tell it was more of an afterthought, can't wait for this one.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    edited January 2011
    This could be the game that knocks me of the fence on buying a Move.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited January 2011
    It should be a good one. Augusta National is a class act and they wouldn't allow anything but the best. Stay tuned.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2011
    Will there be Skins Games to see how many beaver pelts you can collect? :eek:
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited January 2011
    ^^^ Can't believe it took 7 posts, thought for sure someone would get a shot in by post #5...
  • grimmace19
    grimmace19 Posts: 1,429
    edited January 2011
    ^ I'm almost positive there will be extra levels with the move controller... after all, it does look like a big ****.
  • Tour2ma
    edited January 2011
    LOL... I was so excited about the Augusta inclusion that TW was an afterthought... but in that vein how about...

After winning your 12th major in carreer mode, a special IHOP scenario is unlocked..
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited January 2011
    I wonder how accurate the move controller movement will be. I always hated golf on the Wii b/c accuracy seemed to be based on how straight you could swing the controller forward and back; a real golf swing didn't yield the appropriate results.

Of course I usually shoot in the 95-105 range when I play real golf so maybe it IS my swing :biggrin:
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • ballen823
    ballen823 Posts: 110
    edited January 2011
    If you're bored, check out a YouTube vid of John Daly's Pro Stroke Golf. I haven't played it, but it certainly looks spot on accurate. Hopefully the new TW is somewhat similar.

The Move controller is surprisingly accurate since not only does it record movement, but it has a gyroscope in the controller to determine wrist movements as well.
  • kefranklin
    kefranklin Posts: 141
    edited January 2011
    I live in North Augusta and I can not believe the Augusta National is letting them make a game based on the course. There must be a TON of cash involved.
  • txcoastal1
    edited January 2011
    kefranklin wrote: »
    I live in North Augusta and I can not believe the Augusta National is letting them make a game based on the course. There must be a TON of cash involved.

I am sure there was quite a bit of money involved but game is not solely based on Augusta and as usual there is a balance in promoting the courses used and the game itself (don't forget the help with Tiger's image clean up...he may have taken a hit on this one to self promote:rolleyes::rolleyes:)

This one should be great looking foward to it
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• Tour2ma
    edited January 2011
    Yup... eff, TW...

I've walked Augusta, now I wanna "play it".
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• Polkersince85
    edited March 2011
    This is being released on March 29th. According to Tiger, EA has The National down to 6mm accuracy. Suppose to be a large demand being a week away from the real deal.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • txcoastal1
    edited March 2011
    Did my pre-order 2 months ago with Amazon for PS3 Move hope it is as awesome as the screen shots

• Polkersince85
    edited March 2011
    I rode by there this afternoon. They had the gate open and you could see all the way to the big house. Hope the blooms hold out as all the dogwoods are in full bloom now. I'm off that week, got to find something to do.:wink:
    >
    >
  • Tour2ma
    edited March 2011
    ^I take it you are not one of those locals that rent out their place for Masters week and take a really nice vacation with the proceeds?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• Polkersince85
    edited March 2011
    ^ I have not done it yet. It's kind of a hassle to do it. If I could find an older couple to rent it that wouldn't tear the place up it might not be too bad. I don't want to haul my 2.3tl's around in the trunk for a week. However; I could buy two pair+ for the week's rent.

I'm always willing to give a free night's stay to the right (blonde, brunette, redhead) golf fan.
    >
    >
  • the black widow
    the black widow Posts: 15
    edited April 2011
    Whats the release date ?
    Fronts -Polk Rti-A9's
    Center- Polk Csi-A6
    Sub -M&K 12"
    TV Mitsubishi 73" DLP
    Sony 110x5 (old needs replacing)
  • Disc Jockey
    Disc Jockey Posts: 1,013
    edited April 2011
    It's already out.
    "The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage." Thucydides
  • Tour2ma
    edited April 2011
    ... for the game systems, but not for PC...

At least I haven't found one yet... kinda odd...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited April 2011
    I'm pretty sure they stopped making Tiger Woods for the PC back in 2008. Not only that, but also NCAA Football and Madden. Pretty crappy if you ask me.
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited April 2011
    So has anyone played this with the Move yet?
  • JimAckley
    JimAckley Posts: 1,138
    edited April 2011
    I wonder if it has a 2-player mode where someone can play the wife with the driver and the other person plays Tiger in the Escalade...
    - Computer Rig -
    YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
    Pioneer SC-37, Overnight Sensations, Samsung 52" LCD

- Currently In Progress -
    Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited April 2011
    I've spent the better part of the day with this game on PS3 and the Move. I'll give you the short version...

The ball striking is great and lots of fun, the putting is absurdly difficult and inconsistent.
  • Polkersince85
    edited April 2011
    The ball striking is great and lots of fun, the putting is absurdly difficult and inconsistent.

Welcome to the Augusta National. :smile:
    >
    >
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited April 2011
    This isn't on Augusta, you have to work your way up to that course. This is on the second course on the Amateur Tour, gameplay on the easy setting.

I can't wait to play Augusta, but at this rate it'll never happen...
  • lago24
    lago24 Posts: 4
    edited April 2011
    I downloaded the demo for this game and it was pretty sweet. Might pull the trigger soon, but I am just not sure I have the time to commit to it.