Two Towers (twitching in Anticipation)

Options
PhysicsCoder
PhysicsCoder Posts: 40
edited July 2003 in Music & Movies
No real point to this thread...just wanted to convey my excitement about the upcoming Two Towers release. My god! I've been waiting for 9 months!!

...got to wait another month or so for the Extended version tho...I must have the 6.1 soundtrack! (oh yeah, and 45 minutes of new footage!)

...and I've got to wait 'till DECEMBER for the third movie! And another year after that to have the complete thing on DVD!!!

ARRRGH *twitches twice, falls over unconcious*

:p
Post edited by PhysicsCoder on

Comments

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited July 2003
    Options
    There will be a 12-minute clip of Return of the King on the August DVD release of TTT. I'm sure it will contain some footage of the movie as well as interviews. That is very cool.

An interview with E. Wood stated that and also him saying that RotK is better than both FotR and TTT combined. Just cannot remember where I read it, I'll keep hunting...

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited July 2003
    Options
    I am looking forward to this movie also. I would like to pick up the nice boxed set for it, like the one issued for LOTR.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dylan
    dylan Posts: 453
    edited July 2003
    Options
    No kidding, I'm in the same boat. TTT is possibly my favorite movie ever. I told my wife after she loved FOTR as much as me, 'just wait for Return of the King, I'll bet you haven't seen anything yet'...

Just out of curiousity, has anyone read 'The Hobbit', the prequel to LOTR? It would be perfect for a Peter Jackson movie, with the same fantastic storytelling, action (I'd love to see what he would do with the Dragon), and some closure for people that are frustrated with the trilogy, like the open ending of FOTR. Dare to dream, dare to dream...
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited July 2003
    Options
    I'm with you guys - overall possibly the best movie event in my adult lifetime. For the record, I thought FOTR was better than TTT. I give TTT a 8.5/10 and FOTR a 10/10.

TTT was pretty disjointed at times and simply lacked the grace and elegance and superb editing that made FOTR a masterpiece. Gollum was given too much air time, the turn of the tide at Helm's Deep was given almost no footage, and Sam's speech at the end was hackneyed and contrived - pretty painful to watch actually. Here's to hoping the EE version of TTT comes across as more coherent.

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • PhysicsCoder
    PhysicsCoder Posts: 40
    edited July 2003
    Options
    I thought that the Fellowship was better as well. I think that the extended Two Towers will be better than the original, tho. It just seems like the "missing" parts in that movie were perfect material for an extended edition. (I still don't know what they're thinking with the whole Arwen sub-plot.) I also give the TT the benefit of the doubt because it's a middle chapter. Very hard to be a good movie without a beginning or an ending. It will be best judged in context, I imagine.

All that being said, I still thought it was awesome. I'm still gonna get the DVD, and I'm still gonna burn a hole though it by watching it so much (just like I did with the first one).

I have friends who haven't read the books, and I just smile knowingly when they try to guess how the end of the story plays out. "Just wait 'till the third movie" I say. :D

The Hobbit would be neat to see in Live Action. Or I could be really sadistic and suggest that Jackson make the Silmarillion into a movie!
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited July 2003
    Options
    I have read all five stories, including some History of Middle Earth compilation or something. It explained all the stories that are not fully covered, only mentioned in the other books.

I don't think the Hobbit was that great compared to the more popular trilogy. Its more hobbit this hobbit that, blah blah. The cartoon was as exciting as it gets. I hope they just do the three and let a good thing be a great thing.

People can only handle so much hobbit :D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • GuitarheadCA
    GuitarheadCA Posts: 400
    edited July 2003
    Options
    I dowloaded a trailer for the hobbit!

It's supposed to be released in 2006

it will be directed by Peter Jackson

It will cast both Ian's (Gandalf/Sauruman)

I'm not sure whether bilbo will be the same, he is a heck of alot younger in the hobbit.

But yes, I've read all the books, and Also can't wait for ROTK to come out!
  • kberg
    kberg Posts: 974
    edited July 2003
    Options
    I thought FOTR was far better than TTT - on the other hand, I can appreciate the point already made that it is difficult for a "middle movie" of a trilogy such as this to be as exciting or "better" than the first or the last - but I did enjoy it.
    Mains: polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired)
    Center: polkaudio CSi40 (bi-wired)
    Surrounds: polkaudio FXi30's
    Rear Center: polkaudio CSi30
    Sub: SVS 20-39 PC+
    Receiver: ONKYO TX-SR600
    Display: JVC HD-56G786
    DVD Player: SONY DVP-CX985V
    DVD Player: OPPO DV-981HD 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI
    Remote: Logitech Harmony H688
  • sterling bug
    sterling bug Posts: 228
    edited July 2003
    Options
    In my opinion these will be three of the best films ever made in history. After seeing TTT I went out and bought The Hobbitt and the LOTR trilogy books. I never read them before and within three months I read all four. Great books, I would like to see The Hobbit made into a movie also. I give a slight edge to Fellowship over TTT but would give them both 10/10.
  • begbie
    begbie Posts: 630
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by PhysicsCoder
    My god! I've been waiting for 9 months!!

I'm bearing it for 4 more months on the Extended Edition this November !! :(:)
    Polk Rt800i -Fronts
    Polk cs400i -Center
    Polk fx500i -side surrounds
    Polk rc60i -rear surrounds
    Onkyo TX-NR 1009 (9.2) receiver
    Velodyne cht12
    Polk psw111