Rock Band mic delay

Options
mudwrx
mudwrx Posts: 367
edited December 2010 in Video Games
I see on line that this is a pretty common complaint. I got RB 3 for Christmas and played yesterday. When we try to sing there is a horrible delay of about a half second or so.

This totally screws up the game and makes singing useless. I can't recall if this happened in RB 2, I will need to check.

Some people say to disable the Dolby Digital option, I have not found that to make much of a difference. I also tried calibrating several different ways.

I have an Onkyo AVR with CS2 center, TSi 400's and a Psw 505 sub. One reason to play RB 3 is to crank it up so I can enjoy the music. However right now we can't use the mic with this delay problem.

Anyone else have this? Find any solutions?

(I tried to search forum and did not find this topic, sorry if it is a repeat)
Post edited by mudwrx on

Comments

• kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited December 2010
    Options
    When you say there's a delay, how do you mean? Like you're not able hit the notes on time because of the calibration?

On my Onkyo, I play RB3 with HDMI lipsync disabled and do MANUAL calibration with the guitar to nail the timing. The auto-calibration can be flaky, especially if you have HDMI lipsync delaying things to match the timing of the signal chain, which can put things so out of line that RB3 can't adjust around it.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • mudwrx
    mudwrx Posts: 367
    edited December 2010
    Options
    When you say there's a delay, how do you mean? Like you're not able hit the notes on time because of the calibration?

On my Onkyo, I play RB3 with HDMI lipsync disabled and do MANUAL calibration with the guitar to nail the timing. The auto-calibration can be flaky, especially if you have HDMI lipsync delaying things to match the timing of the signal chain, which can put things so out of line that RB3 can't adjust around it.

By delay I mean you sing in to the mic and hear your voice, however it does not come out of the speaker at the same time, maybe between a quarter and a half second later. Definitely enough lag to screw things up.

I will have a look at the HDMI lipsync setting, didn't think about that. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Oh... I hate hearing myself come back out of the speaker, so I just turn the volume level down for the mic in the options. But it's because I sing pretty loud. Heh...
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen