My first dB drag today!

C-Man
C-Man Posts: 307
edited July 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Well I headed down for my first drag today. Qualified with a 147.5. Whooped a guys **** in the first round of the event with a 147.1 to his 134.something. Second round I step up against one of the guys sponsored by a local stereo shop here... he beats me 147.4-147.3! It sucked, but was good enough to get third.

My real beef is this. The only two guys that beat me, worked at the same stereo shop. Also, they were running JL Audio! The guy who won my class was running two 12w6's I believe on a 1000/1. The second place guy was running like a 15w something on 1500 watts... I didn't get to look at his stuff.

Kinda disappointing but not bad for my first time out. I was running the Zapco pushing maybe 900 watts if I'm lucky while they both pushed between 1000 and 1500 so....

Anyway, right after the comp, the guy from the shop I like to go to walks up to me and tells me that same guy wins every comp and if I want to enter the one next week we'll see what we can do to get me another amp in my car! I need about 500 more watts on that beast and I'll blow them away! Especially if it's 500 free watts... :)
"The Big C"
Post edited by C-Man on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited July 2003
    2000x dude... :)

win comps -- get the girls -- make JL look bad... these are the essentials to life.

congrats on your placement... high 40's is pretty damn good for a single sub :)
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited July 2003
    What kind of setup do you have currently?

What model Zapco? I love my AG200s.
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited July 2003
    Zapco 750 on an Orion H2 15.2. It's pretty bad. There's a good chance I'm going to upgrade the 750 to the 1000. Maybe the few hundred extra watts would get me the points I need to win. But yes, I do love the Zapco too.
    "The Big C"