system for 2000 4runner limited..

phongnguyent
phongnguyent Posts: 34
edited July 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
front 6.5 some say 6 3/4 im not sure though
rear 5.25

around 1 g price range of ebay money :P

what would u get at its best? this would include subs, amp, speakers, tweeters... and i guess without the headunit

i am hoping to get a alpine multimedia one.. a low end model... nothing fancy.. i just like the lcd screen./..

i either play a lot of trance, vocal trance, rap, and some soft music once in a while...

i was about to get fosgate 2000 watts subs.. 2 of them... what do ya think about them...
Post edited by phongnguyent on

Comments

• TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited July 2003
    NOt on ebay..but suggest a pair of DD 3512's and can get a JBL1200.1 fairly cheap off ebay.

speakers ..could go any direction- I myself like Diamond, Dynaudio, Image dynamics chamealeons, Adire Koda's, and focal to name a few. Should find those on ebay at resonable prices

should be easy to find a good 4 channel amp for your speakers also... arc, ppi, older RF amps are nice
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited July 2003
    if your'e gonna stick with coaxials all around then the polk EX III are very nice and are on sale on closeout at crutchfield and most other places for something like 50 or 60 bucks per pair... that's like about 30 - 40% off -- which is about what you'd pay on ebay except if you buy from crutchfield you at least get your warranty - which is always good.

the new momo components running around 175 - 200 per pair are supposed to be phat as hell... might wanna try those out.

a decent 75 x 4 will run you like 250 - 300 ebay / 400 - 500 retail.

far as subs go -- RF isn't worth the time... when talking over 1000 w rms subs... go DD for boom / ID for SQ / or even RE for a little of both... RE **** is a hell of a sub.

crossfire VR2000D's go for like 600 used or open box... throw that on somethin like a DD 9515 or a pair of 3515's and call it a day.

just better have room for a vented box.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • phongnguyent
    edited July 2003
    so i should go with the polk momo component systems?
    fronts - MMC650 (component), MMC650 , db6500, gx, ex
    rear - EX3550 (component), MMC525, db525, gx, ex

and yes i want me fronts and rear amplified.. 200 or 300 bucks extra is worth it from what i heard..

to be honest i really went around to find places to see how these speakers sound but pc richards and sons dont have them.. and polk audio website said they did..

so i dont really know what sound better..... i want my speakers sound clear fronts and rear.... bass i don't really need since i am getting subs...

and about the price... i don't think a hundred bucks extra for a pair or something like that matters... since i dont want changings later on for better speakers or something like that.. i guess get it right and good the first time :P

Thanks again guys thanks for ya help reallly apprecaited...

so if you guys can give me a in point directly what to get i would like that... im a audio newbie...
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited July 2003
    Nobody has the new Momo's yet. They should start shipping this week or next. I imagine dealers should start getting them in the boards early next month (in a couple weeks).
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited July 2003
    crutchfield is already selling them but i imagine its a "pre-sale-order" and then they'll ship when product arrives.
  • phongnguyent
    edited July 2003
    So i should wait? or what? :P

Thanks again for your repsonses and patience.
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited July 2003
    dude, depends what you want, depends how much power u wanna dump on a speaker... depends how loud you want it... depends what your long term audio goals are... depends on YOU... u gotta figure out what your needs are and THEN go chasing speakers. both speakers will most likely be very good sounding... the main differences are going to be probably ability to take more power and retain good SQ at that higher power level... well that and cosmetics... but u gotta think that one out for yoruself dude.
  • phongnguyent
    edited July 2003
    I just want to take a minute out and thank all that helped me for my system especialy powerbydodge... he had sat down and spent at least 2 hrs configuring my system..

GOOD GUY!! AND AGAIN THANKS TO ALL INClUDING POWERBYDODGE FOR THE PRICELESS HELP!!!

BOOM BOOM HERE I COME!!!!!

Oh yah did i mentioned that my wallet is gone? :P
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited July 2003
    wanna go more broke -- chase after this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3036508962&category=32825

i just saw it today and i cant get my mind off it -- i want it... badly... lol.
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited July 2003
    heres the wiring diagram.

keep in mind, your wires wont all jump all over each other like in this picture...

its important that you try to run your RCA cables and speaker wire down the one side of the car and the power lines down the other side... it'll keep the power lines from interefering and causing noise in the signal wires.

the diagram is set of for ease of looking at it, not for practical placement... place things as you see best when in the car and working on it...
  • phongnguyent
    edited July 2003
    lol,,, thanks im a bit scared... i looked at the suv today.. and how do i put new wires into the doors? lol
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited July 2003
    what do you mean?
    like how do you take the panels off?
    -Cody
  • phongnguyent
    edited July 2003
    like to the back of the speakers? its the door so how can i bring the wire from headunit to the speaker behind the door... making wire unvisible...
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited July 2003
    youll have to take the door panels off which is a lot of fun!
    first youll have to unscrew armrests etc
    pop off and additional panels
    like mine has a panel around the handle to open the door
    if you have electric door locks...pop those out...or take the panel off...different cars...different ways of doing it
    some you can pop the panel off and the buttons are connected to the actual door and you dont have to remove them
    or if you have manual windows...take the pin out of the back of the lever to roll them up/down with
    then after making sure everything is off
    start taking the door panel off
    then youll have to unscrew the speaker...then connect the wires
    -Cody
  • phongnguyent
    edited July 2003
    thanks super.. but from what powered telling me i have to replace the stock speaker wires with new ones since im amplifying them and all...
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited July 2003
    oh ya -- pullin door panels is LOADS OF FUN...

just dont break any clips... well.. try to break less than half -- that way u can at least put the friggin panel back on when u're done...lol.

u'll be running the wire from the amp in back, under the carpet, to the kick panel, through the rubber boot that goes from the kick panel to the door, into the door, and to the backs of the new speakers.

in your case, dependng on where u put your crossover... it'l be different.

if you moutn the xover on/in the kick panel, you'll run two wires through the rubber boot into the door.

ifyou mount the xover on/in the door, you'll just run one wire into the rubber boot and door but then u get the fun of tryin to figure out how the hell to mount the crossover on the door. which is sometimes a friggin pain in the ****.