Glad I didn't pay for overnight shipping

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,804
edited July 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
It got here overnight anyway!

Went in slick as snot too! I just pulled cables off the old one and plugged them into the new one.

It then took me 2 hours to get the crossovers dialed back in. All this fancy EQ stuff, pain in the **** is what it is!

Anyway, this new one sounds a bit clearer. It's defintly cleaner which I think could be attributeable to the age of th eolder unit. One major difference I noticed is due to the 4.5v pre-amps, the siganl doesn't degrade at full volume anymore.

Oh yeah, that KAC-X650D finally got hot! I was pushing it hard to test stuff out. I was playing Nickelback with everything jacked all the way up, bass, treble and volume and it took it all and then some! No distortion. Well, some, I think it was my ears though! The ear dB meter is guessing about 120-125 now. I could probably push it harder and pick up a few points but I'd rather keep the speakers in one piece.

It's amazing what instrumentals will sound like. Listening to some Bach, Vivaldi and Mozart, you feel like the orchestra is right in front of you. The brass in one of teh Vivaldi pieces is just incredible! Pianos like Bruce Hornsby's sound totally alive and like you are sitting inside the acoustic chamber where the strings are! Bass drums kick you in the back and bass-fiddles vibrate your fillings out of your skull! If anybody thinks that you can't get close to a live performance in a car, you gotta listen to this setup in my truck! I have some fine tweaking to do to it but for the most part, my bargain basement replacement purchase worked out way better than I had hoped!
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,535
    edited July 2003
    Jstas, I get this funny image of you in your truck, head bobbin to classical. Turned all the way up. I dunno, its just a funny image. Sorry....
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited July 2003
    he's prolly got a leather jacket that has something akin to WASP's old saying "Fk like a Beast" -- only something like "Fk like Mozart".

god its too early for me to be awake.

glad to hear the new head unit is to your liking... u go 8 track -- er i mean tape deck -- man...

heh heh heh :)
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge