need help with remote turn on wire

Options
mystik610
mystik610 Posts: 699
edited December 2010 in Car Audio & Electronics
Installing a new amp, and while I'm generally pretty technical, I know very little about car electronics.

I've figured most of the install out, but have no idea where to install the remote turn on wire. I'm using my stock head unit, and there isn't a turn on lead on the head unit...I'll have to tap into one of the fuses, but have no idea how!
My System Showcase!

Media Room
Paradigm Studio 60 - Paradigm CC-690 - Paradigm ADP-390 - Epik Empire - Anthem MRX300 - Emotiva XPA-5

Living-room
Paradigm MilleniaOne - Rythmik F12GSE - Onkyo TX-SR805 - Adcom 5400

Headphones
Sennheiser Momentum Over-Ear - Shure SE215 - Fiio E18 Kunlun
Post edited by mystik610 on

Comments

• mystik610
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Lasareath wrote: »
    What kind of car do you have?

Its a 2008 Acura MDX
    My System Showcase!

Media Room
    Paradigm Studio 60 - Paradigm CC-690 - Paradigm ADP-390 - Epik Empire - Anthem MRX300 - Emotiva XPA-5

Living-room

Headphones
  • mystik610
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Lasareath wrote: »
    Doing some research i've found that some people tie it together with the ignition wire. But the amp will stay on even if your radio is off.

Also some people said you can hook it up to the power antenna wire but some HU's turn off the power antenna when you switch to aux or cd.

Is there a gray wire in the back of your radio?

I have no qualms hooking it up to the ignition wire if need be. Would I just cut the ignition wire and solder the remote turn on wire onto it?
    My System Showcase!

Media Room

Living-room

Headphones
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Use the orange wire off the ignition harness. Strip the insulation back on the orange wire, wrap your remote lead around that wire and solder it on. Be sure to use a very small, 7.5A or less, inline fuse.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it