Sound Quality Of Momo mm465

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited November 2001 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have been messing with these componenst for about a month now , previuosly had them on a punch 400.4 briged now I have just installed a orion hcca 225 dig. reference on them ( alittle better) , they still sound horrible no depth to them just loud and anoying , I have tried them in many diff setups phase reverse on the tweets -3 on the range right now , I am loosing faith in these components and am about to throw tham away and buy some kracos !!!I have a alpine head unit and a alpine EQ , I think I have done just about everything poss to make these sound good but just cant get the there . Is there something I sould know or is this just the way these $500 speakers sound ?? I have read other complaints of the same nature on here so maybe it just not me ?? Any info on how to get any sound quality out of these would be great !!
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited November 2001
    they are in the doors of a 2000 dakota extra cab , No gaps between the baskets and the doors , the do sit quit far in the doors maye muffled alittle from the panels , they are run on high pass on the 500 at about 90hz , the subs are set at 50-60 =hz , tweeters are in the stock location also set at -3 db , Do i need to move these drivers to a diff location or maybe space them closer to the door panels , I looked at the q-forms for the kick panels but really dont want to spend the $200 on them , Any other help would be great , Thanks
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing