edited July 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Subject says it all thanks?

Or is something like alpine better?
Post edited by phongnguyent on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited July 2003
    next to no one here(including myself) has heard polk's new speakers, so no one will be able to tell you anything about them
    -Cody
  • sirogenous
    sirogenous Posts: 57
    edited July 2003
    I haven't heard them either. However, one can almost certainly guarantee that in most installations, polk speakers will blow the doors off any of the competitions speakers. I mean my God man...you did post your question in the polk forum. lol
    Hooah! :p
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited July 2003
    alpine highs aren't anything to write home about.

i've been displeased with just about every speaker for highs i've used 'cept polk... if/when i start breaking into more expensive stuff that'lll obviously change, but for the under 200 dollar coaxial, i think polk's got the market cornered...

i literlly wanted to set these **** mbquarts i had gotten on fire -- but they burned up and died before i could -- after like 2 weeks of use -- got a set of EXIII's and never looked back. quite happy with them

the db is supposed to replace/better the EXIII -- assuming that's true, that's a hella good speaker.

if the momo coax's are true to spec and what's been said about polk's recent improvements are true, then they should rival / match the old DB/DX components, in which case, i would deem them some of the nicest stuff ever made.... ever i say.

so if u're gonna dump an assload of power on it - go w/ the momo coax's and let us know what u think of them -- medium-ish power, go w/ the db's and again let us know.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge