Signal Cable Analog two and Speaker cables review

Options
polkatese
polkatese Posts: 6,767
Just to share another one of the Positive Feedback review. Two reviews in a row is ain't bad at all. No affiliation, just a happy customer! of course, YMMV....

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue7/signal.htm

excerpt:
Each time I added a Signal Cable product to my system—first power cords, then interconnects, then speaker cables—the level of depth, clarity, and spaciousness improved. To bring this review full circle, I removed the Analog Twos and reinserted the Siltechs. While the excellence of the Double Run speaker cables remained evident, I missed the sense of ease the all-Signal system possessed. It was subtle on first listening, but unmistakable over time. The desirability of using only one brand of wire is questionable. Cable matching involves impedance issues, and the use of the same manufacturer's products will usually ensure that all of your wire is speaking the same NHHlanguage." On the other hand, not all manufacturers are equally good at making all types of cable. In this case, there was no question that all of the Signal wires synergized beautifully, both with each other and with my equipment.

ps: the other one on MagicPower cord link:

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue6/signalcable.htm
I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
Post edited by polkatese on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Cool, it just makes me more comfortable with buying them.

I am ordering speaker cable for my entire HT setup tonight, and the Digital AC cord for my TV. I am excited about the purchase. :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dcarlson
    dcarlson Posts: 1,740
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Man, you guys never stop with these eh? ;)

I'm ordering a Power cable as we speak. I have to see what all the fuss is about. :D
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • dcarlson
    edited July 2003
    Options
    I just ordered a Magic Power Cord. Shipped to Ontario from NY shouldn't take too long, I hope.

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • polkatese
    edited July 2003
    Options
    cool! let us know how you like it! is that for your amp/receiver?
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • dcarlson
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Going to hook it up to my Musical Fidelity A3 integrated. Also test it on my Rotel CD player. Maybe buy another one if I like the results.

My first aftermarket power cord. Should be interesting to hear the difference. :D

• polkatese
    edited July 2003
    Options
    you're going to literally hear the sound of currents gushing in to your MF thru those massive hose...:D :D enjoy!
  • dcarlson
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Yes sir, that's what I'm hoping for. :D

• dorokusai
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Order:

2 - 8ft Single, Double Run Speaker Cable
    2 - 12ft Single, DRSC
    2 - 16in Single DRSC
    1 - Magic Power Digital AC Cord

Still need my long runs to the surround wallplates, 2(25ft), but I will pick them up next paycheck. Using MC original, so they will be fine until then.

Frank is a great guy, I am really excited about the upgrade. Review of MC Original vs Signal Cable in a forum near you, July 26th

The Polk Forum 5% discount is great!!

:D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • polkatese
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    Order:

2 - 16in Single DRSC

Frank is a great guy, I am really excited about the upgrade. Review of MC Original vs Signal Cable in a forum near you, July 26th

The Polk Forum 5% discount is great!!

:D

indeed, Frank is very pleasant to deal with, and back up his products. Btw, those are very short speaker cable, :D:D you're not trying to upgrade your computer's speaker cable, are you? typo, I assumed?;)
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2003
    Options
    No I have my surrounds mounted with wall plates above them, they are the jumpers from the plate to the speaker. :)

I am planning on picking up one of the AC cables for my computer, just because it needs to have a tail, its a fire breather :D
  • polkatese
    edited July 2003
    Options
    gotcha! review is expected...