LSi Most Popular Speaker Poll!

Options
polkatese
polkatese Posts: 6,767
edited September 2003 in Speakers
Just for fun, guys! I'd like to see which LSi would get the most votes. For scenario purpose, let's assume that it will be used for HT and 2 channels audio MAIN only. This poll also applies to those who plan to buy the LSi series speakers in the forseeable future. Thanks in advance for voting!

cheers,
PolkaFun
I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
Post edited by polkatese on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited July 2003
    Options
    I am undecided on whether I will, BUT if I did, I like the LSi9 w/ Sub.

I like the size, kinda like the use of stands, and want world class bass.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • polkatese
    edited July 2003
    Options
    dorok, your ears WILL thank you! I know you can do it...! :D:D

btw, love to be able to join you guys for the trip, but don't know my schedule yet for next month...I am "SUPPOSED" to have a important client meeting in Bethesda next month! ;)

10 votes, the 15 and 9 (both will subs) are in the lead.....:D
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Well I really hope you are able to hook up with us. It will be very cool. Couldn't this be considered an important client meeting? :)

Either way, if you are in the area next month, give me a shout. I work in Bethesda, and live about 15 mins away.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • polkatese
    edited July 2003
    Options
    dorok, thanks for the offer, I will definitely do that!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Work in Bethesda??? You call what you do, work....lol.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by F1nut
    Work in Bethesda??? You call what you do, work....lol.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa:D

can you hear me know:rolleyes:

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Well I use the term "work" loosely, normally that means hands in pockets. :D

HBomb - No comments from the peanut gallery you damn wireless junkie! ;)
  • polkatese
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Dang! it is a tie again after 24 votes! Paging Polk, no taker on the 25? hmmm....

I wonder if we can get to 50 votes by the weekend?
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited July 2003
    Options
    hey what about the lsi25's with a sub :p
  • pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited July 2003
    Options
    hmmm,

Can I have an absentee voting ballot?

I'm going to have to vote in about a month or two after the new 15s break - in.

Interesting results though so far.

PJ
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited July 2003
    Options
    If it were just music, I would be tempted to vote LSi25. You need the sub thought if you're doing HT. I wish more people had a chance to hear the LSi25's and would not write them off just because they are powered. They really do sound great!
  • polkatese
    edited July 2003
    Options
    :) up, up and away...
  • polkatese
    edited July 2003
    Options
    ok, 37 votes so far, on a fine HOT Saturday, 13 more votes to go before 11:59PM Sunday...:)
  • polkatese
    edited July 2003
    Options
    So far about 51% of the voters think that LSi15 with and w/o subs is the way to go...and still no voter for the 25. Is it because perception or stigma of the build-in active sub in it, hence difficulty and hassle of placement, or actual auditioning experience?

I have never heard the 25, and I think fireshoes has been the select few who had listened to it. Anybody else can share their experience with the 25?
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Here's the thing. The LSi25 can pound out some nice really nice bass, but it doesn't have the extension of a real sub. I'm sure everyone was picturing their favorite LSi with a nice SVS and not a PSW303. ;) I will say *in my experience* in the midrange frequencies, the LSi25's outperform the LSi15's. I don't know why, if it's the bigger cabinet size or a different crossover or what. It's just a more open sound. That is why I said I would probably take the LSi25's for music, but with the bass extension needed for HT the LSi25's by themselves may not be the best choice.
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited July 2003
    Options
    fireshoes,
    The difference you heard is the crossover. The LSi15's mids/sub is crossed at 150hz while the LSi25 are crossed at 80hz. I mentioned this on my previous post about the 15's and that the high crossover point is my only beef with it. They will be my next pair of speakers when I upgrade. I still have to demo them first and I'm still waiting to hear what Paul thinks of them when they arrive.

Maurice
  • polkatese
    edited July 2003
    Options
    25 to 19 in favor of LSi15 compared to LSi9 from a total of 48 voters...Thanks all for voting! :cool:
  • polkatese
    edited September 2003
    Options
    so, the final tally is here (I know, kinda late, but interesting, nevertheless)....

Paul,
    did you get a chance to cast your vote?
  • pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Shucks polkatese,

I didn't even have to wait a month to pass favorable judgement for the LSi 15s.

Yes, my vote has been made! 15s and sub work great for me.

Paul
  • polkatese
    edited September 2003
    Options
    and all this time I thought you're going to vote for the 7...;)

actually, for music, a 7 and a good sub would do a great job too