Did i go overboard? (too much power?)

Options
eprater1
eprater1 Posts: 175
edited December 2010 in Car Audio & Electronics
Ok so as some know I'm working on putting together a new setup consisting of the following.

Hyprid Audio -Legatia Pro L1V2 tweets, 4Ohm imp and rated at 20watts rms.

Hertz - Mille 6.5 mid, 4ohm imp rated at 140 watts rms (I think).

Subs- undecided running the new pioneer shallow 12s for now, looking for more performace though.

Front Stage Active w/Sound Stream HRU.4 - 140 x 4 @ 4ohm (birth sheet said 153 rms), .0003 SN Ratio Bla Bla Bla...

So here is the question did I get too much amp for my tweets? Not to worried about the mids but the tweets have me a little concerned and I paid way too much money to destroy them. Currenty I'm running a memphis bell 5ch that's making about 90x4 with no issues but 90 to 153 is a big jump. Any recomendations are welcomed.
Post edited by eprater1 on

Comments

• eprater1
    eprater1 Posts: 175
    edited December 2010
    Options
    sorry for all the questions but i seem to be running into more questions as my setup becomes more advanced than i am used to running. if the hru.4 isnt too much for my mids and i go with another good quality 1000w rms amp will i need to upgrade my vehicles charging system even though i already have 2 batteries and 2 alternators in my 06 F-350? I DO NOT WANT ANY DIMMING OF LIGHTS! considering picking up a kenetic battery with 600 amps to wire in but dont want to if its not needed.

also looking to find a great sq sub amp with particular dimensions either 22x7 or 16x12 and ran accross this one by MB. i know they used to make some great stuff just havent heard much about them lately, and was looking for opinions since this one seems to meet my space requirements and power needs 1000w rms http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MB-QUART-ONX1-1000D-1000-WATT-MONO-AMPLIFIER-AMP-/390204878025?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item5ada05ecc9
  • arun1963
    arun1963 Posts: 1,797
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Your electricals are already in overkill territory. So you're fine here.

Yes, you can run the tweets off the hru4 as long as you set the gains properly and don't turn the volume knob beyond the point where you set the gains.

As things stand, your subs are probably the weakest link right now in your setup. I'd run one good 12". The Polk sr12 if you can find it. You don't have to feed your subs 1000watts. I mean you can, but you don't have to. Get a good sub that will take 5-600rms and you're set.