Alittle help for some goodies

Options
FlowRiDaGuy
FlowRiDaGuy Posts: 8
edited December 2010 in Car Audio & Electronics
Ok.... so I drive a 2000GMC Jimmy and have completely stock system. Recently came into some money, rest is history. I really want a killer system for the right price. Any recommendations? Bottom line I don’t know a damn thing about systems. Would like some Bostons/Memphis(subs) and some good tweets and something like a Kenwood/alpine deck. Going to buy used probably, to save some cash. I dont want to just throw some **** together. But I want QUALITY SOUND (low-high) Not some bass were you cant here **** for words. Any help will be much appreciated. Basically, a good bang for my buck....literally :cool:
Post edited by FlowRiDaGuy on

Comments

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2010
    Options
    This is where you belong:smile:
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It's 3am and most of the guys are EST. Also you need to include a budget.
    Take care
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • kawizx9r
    kawizx9r Posts: 5,150
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Like Ben asked, what's your budget?

Will add, most of the car audio guys here are all about sound quality. If SPL is your thing, I'm sure they'll point you in the right direction as well but if you've got questions on what to get/how to get there the guys on here will surely help out. I've put together a decent setup and have the forum to thank for that. Not as good as my 2-channel setup I had awhile back but it sure as hell beats the hell out of anything I've ever heard in anyone else's car. :biggrin:

Stick around, ask questions, learn alot and get ready to empty your wallet....countless times!
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

heiney9 wrote: »
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.
  • FlowRiDaGuy
    edited December 2010
    Options
    My budget is something like 500-1000 give or take a little. If it comes down to getting a WAY better system for a couple hundred more bucks, that’s cool. Just like yall said, sound quality is my main goal(but also bump like crazzzzy!) Mostly listen to Reggae/Dub/Rock/&Rap
  • FlowRiDaGuy
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Saving money is a good thing. The jimmy is a SLT if that makes any difference... was the **** in 2000. Stock system is Bose.
  • FlowRiDaGuy
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Budget added, bump.
  • kawizx9r
    kawizx9r Posts: 5,150
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Do you plan on getting it all at once? If so, I can understand why the budget can't be stretched.

I love Polk's SR speakers, and they play everything I throw at them with authority. Even on sale though they can go for a little over $345 new (Fry's electronics) if you want to stick with an authorized retailer.

For strictly SQ, I'd run only fronts. So if you were considering running front+rear speakers, that money you would've spent on both front+rear can be utilized for a single pair of great components.

I'll let the other guys make all other suggestions :smile:
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

heiney9 wrote: »
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,225
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Saving money is a good thing. The jimmy is a SLT if that makes any difference... was the **** in 2000. Stock system is Bose.

Warning: I know you are new but please watch the use of the colorful language (****) twice now in the same thread. If the use of colorful language is necessary please cuss in wing dings (sh*&^%$t). Much appreciated. Cheers. :cool:
  • TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Budget added, bump.
    Welcome to Club Polk FlowRiDaGuy :smile:
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)
  • FlowRiDaGuy
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Should I go with something like 1pair of tweets/ 1pair speakers and then a set up? Something to start with, buy more later :biggrin: Still open to any suggestions

thx-
    FloridaGuy
  • FlowRiDaGuy
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Ya, I do plan on buying it all pretty much at once.^^^ Couple hundred more bucks isnt a problem. Anyone has any used systems im open to checking them out aswell.
  • eprater1
    eprater1 Posts: 175
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I have a memphis belle 5ch amp that will easily run the system you are going for. It can do 4ch plus the subs. So you could run 2 tweets, 2 mids, and 1 or 2 subs. All active with just the one amp. Puts out 1100w RMS to the subs at 1ohm plus another 4 ch at 95w rms if I remember all the stats correctly.