I Need Help!!

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited July 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Ok I have s-10 blazer bought the rattler alarm today and said "**** how hard could it be?" ok damn hard lol I got everything cept the lights to flash when you arm it I can't figure out where I am going wrong which fuse box slot should that wire be plugged into??? turn signals? backup's? or 4 ways!!!
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• automaticman
    automaticman Posts: 21
    edited July 2003
    Use the parking lights. It should be a brown wire on the back of the light switch. Test for a wire that turns 12v when you switch the lights on

what year is your blazer?
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited July 2003
    GM may also have a second wire, grey, which has to inputs into the switch and one out to the harness -- don't tap into that, you'll burn out the relay and loose the ability to turn on internal dash lights (then you'll have to jump the dash light wire to the parking lights so when u hit the headlights u're dash lights go on)...

look for a brown wire as the previous poster noted -- it may also be a "forest green" / dark green color ... there's gotta be less than 10 wires comin outa the headlight switch -- its not too hard to test... chances are u wont even have to cut anything to test, if your digital multimeter has small test probes instead of larger ones, u should be able to jam that little test probe into the back of hte harness socket and make contact with the wire that way for testing.

good luck
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge