Gerrman Maestro anyone?

Options
mdaudioguy
mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
edited November 2010 in Car Audio & Electronics
I'm currently running JL Audio TR650-CSi components in the front of my Eclipse. They sound pretty good.

I have an opportunity to return them for a full credit toward a pair of German Maestro EV 6508s, which can be configured as either coaxial or separate components. I demoed them at a local car audio store, but it's so hard to imagine how they'd sound in my car... Of course, they sounded better in the demo room - fuller midrange and smoother top end. Anyone have any experience with this brand? Other than at the store, I'd never heard of them before. The guy at the store said they were formed from a company previously known as MB Quart.

http://www.german-maestro.de/US/ev6508.htm
Post edited by mdaudioguy on

Comments

• mdaudioguy
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Oh yeah, even though my car was setup with drivers in the door and tweeters in the dash, which was how I installed the JLs, the guy recommended that I just use the German Maestro speakers in the door in the coaxial configuration. Thoughts?
  • mdaudioguy
    edited November 2010
    Options
    This place carries full lines of both JL and these GMs, and the GMs sound very nice - and cost a pretty penny, too. They seem to market the GMs as their higher-end line. I'm very intrigued, but I don't have a lot of background knowledge on this stuff.
  • mdaudioguy
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm not interested in biamping, so that's not a deal-breaker for me. My amp is a lower-end JL model - J2-320.4 - 60W x 4. Perhaps I should just be satisfied with what I have... I'll eventually forget how good I thought those GMs sounded, right? :wink: