Polk Audio on TNN

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,804
edited July 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
On Sundays, I like to watch the testosterone shows on TNN but I don't like wasting my day to do it either. So I tape them and fast forward through the NASCAR, Nopi and SUPER2NR BS and watch, get this, TRUCKS! and Car and Driver TV, sometimes Horsepower TV if they have something good on. Popular Hot Rodding TV was a waaaaaay better show!

Anyway, as I was fast forwarding through the other shows, I noticed a red car with yellow and silver subs. So I stopped, rewound and watched. There was this kid with a Civic, about 18-20 years old. I was like totally floored to see it on SUPER2NR TV too but he actually said something along the lines of how he liked the Polk/MOMO speakers (subs and compenents he was running, if I remember correctly) because they offered a quality product with quality sound.

Just thought I'd share!

WOOHOO! Go Polk Audio!
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• Jstas
    edited July 2003
    One thing I forgot wa sthat he mentioned that he was running a Phoenix Gold Titanium amplifier on his 4 MOMO subs. He mentioned it specifically because he said it was rare and that was kinda cool. But I see Titanium amps everywhere. The Octane ones are the ones that are hard to find. Am I wrong or something?

• C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited July 2003
    Maybe a Titanium big enough to run 4 MOMO's is hard to find. Who knows. Those Octane amps look nice. I've yet to hear one of them. I've heard some of the Titaniums and was pretty impressed.

Anyway, congrats to Polk... possibly a little free advertising?!? Can't beat that price.
    "The Big C"
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2003
    Does TNN re-run these shows or have any sort of schedule? I know I've seen a re-peat from time to time.

There was one episode (in the past 3 months), with 'Big Daddy' Don Garlits out at a car show. He was looking at several specific cars, and didn't mention Polk outright, but talked about the 'high powered system' in this one specific vehicle, all with him standing beside a money-shot of 6 EX10's in the back of what appeared to a sport compact.

Of course with noone else in the room, I pointed at the screen and said 'hey, Polk, check that out!'.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited July 2003
    PG amps...

tantrum = starter line but still expensive and very good product.

titanium = sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

octane = the phoenix gold version of the GNX... get me? i was gonna buy one, then i thankfully changed my mind -- they're nothin special and overrated at that.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited July 2003
    That was the Subaru Daze event in Ft. Worth, TX. I was of attendance there, look for the silver wagon #37. I'm always in front of the camera when it's in the car :)

http://www.3dai.com/Super2NRSubaruDaze.avi

That's a Divx of it.
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited July 2003
    Originally posted by Steve@3dai
    That was the Subaru Daze event in Ft. Worth, TX. I was of attendance there, look for the silver wagon #37. I'm always in front of the camera when it's in the car :)

http://www.3dai.com/Super2NRSubaruDaze.avi

That's a Divx of it.

Is there supposed to be video?
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2003
    Yeah Thom, I'm wondering the same thing, I hear it, sure don't see it though.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Steve@3dai
    edited July 2003
    www.divx.com

You have to have it installed.
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited July 2003
    Oh. That sounds like a lot of trouble...
  • Jstas
    edited July 2003
    Originally posted by Thom
    Oh. That sounds like a lot of trouble...

Stop whining and do it! It's free and all you have to do is click on the installer file. It does the rest for you. The highest level of involvement required by you would be restarting the machine.

• Steve@3dai
    edited July 2003
    Don't even have to restart.
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • allshow97civic
    allshow97civic Posts: 2
    edited July 2003
    That was my civic on TNN. At the time that was filmed, that was one of only a couple Phoenix Gold TI900.7 amplifiers on the streets (According to Phoenix Gold)

See the complete system in the installs section.

Shane