Neo 6.1 and 7.1

PulsitilityPulsitility Posts: 2
edited November 2001 in Music & Movies
Greetings! I just started to get into home theater. When I picked out my receiver, I chose one that supported 6.1 and 7.1 ; however I have not seen any dvd's that have these formats. Any help would be appreciated. Do you all see this as something that eventually take off? or did I waste my $? .:confused:
Post edited by Pulsitility on

Comments

• hoosier21hoosier21 Posts: 4,405
    edited November 2001
    did you spend extra for the 6.1 and 7.1, if you just bought the receiver I doubt you paid much extra for it, so no you did not waste your money, now do you have 6.1 or 7.1 speakers?

There are a few DVD's out there with the EX extra channels but I think they are few, like every format out there that is more than 5.1DD and DTS, software selection is limited.

What unit did you get?
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • PETERNGPETERNG Posts: 918
    edited November 2001
    Did you by any chance pick up the Yamaha 5490?
  • PulsitilityPulsitility Posts: 2
    edited November 2001
    Greetings, and thanks for responding to my post. I purchased the Denon 3802. I have the rm 7200 system. Together, the sound is prestine. I get clear distinct high tones, and warm deep punch from low tones. Midrange is less noticed, but present. I can't figure out what sounds so good, the Denon, or my speakers, but I know they are a great match. The Denon has a sub setting that lets you set it at either 80, 100, 120 Hz. After trying all 3, I left it at 120 hz. The sound seems richer. I do not have the extra speakers for the 6.1 and 7.1 formats yet. I do however plan on ordering the same speakers to match the ones I do have. The Denon 3802 is not a simple unit to operate at first. The instruction book is lame. Knobology on this unit is not easy. Once I learned how it works, I use it constantly. Full spectrum sound at very low volumes with out loss of sound quality to me indicates a quality piece. :)
    edited November 2001
    I have the same receiver, it is a good unit for the price, no wasted money there.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • Strong BadStrong Bad Posts: 4,250
    edited November 2001
    Does this model have preamp outs for all channels? You know, so you can connect a seperate amp to run any or all channels.

Thanks

John
    No excuses!
    edited November 2001
    Hello John, where you been?

The Denon 3801 has pre-amp out puts for all channels.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

• CHRISCHRIS Posts: 454
    edited November 2001
    I don't know about DD but on the DTS site tey mark all 6.1 or 7.1 with a ** and they have several. I have the 3801 in my bedroom system with Adcoms hooked up to the pre-outs.
    Chris
    Chris :)
  • Strong BadStrong Bad Posts: 4,250
    edited November 2001
    Hey Hoosier!

Been busy DJing and going to school. I get on here a few times a week.

Thanks for the info on the Denon. I was sure it had preamp outs for all channels. This audio salesman at a local store tried to tell me the 3802 only has preamp outs for a zone 2 (??? you figure this one out!). I took some literature home and examined it and YES it does have preamp outs for all mains.

The Denon looks to be a nice receiver. Heard alot of good about it.

John
    No excuses!