Giant Audio Pile

2»

Comments

• Amherst
    Amherst Posts: 695
    edited November 2010
    cnh wrote: »
    Some great prices above Amherst. Too bad those LSIs showed up now. I already bought a pair of 7s and 9s are a bit too big for what I have in mind. But what a GREAT PRICE! I hope someone picks those up soon. The center is also priced to go. You'd have your three up front and you could do whatever you want surround wise.

Pioneer and the B&K are also very nice together.

As for the question above. I'd say that an HK3390 would not do justice to LSI-9s...they love power. But you could use that HK and a cheap used power amp and you'd be fine till you upgrade to a real pre-amp.

Good Luck with the sale and a BUMP!

cnh

Good to hear from you CNH!
    The Pioneer and the B&K are a real nice combination. I have run that against a much more expensive dedicated pre and will say it more than held it's own.
    Especially in analog direct.
    Parasound C1, T3, HCA-3500, HCA-2205A, P/DD1550, Pioneer DV-79avi, Oppo BDP-83, WD Media Server W/HDD,
    Dynaudio Contour 3.3, Dynaudio Contour T2.1, Polk OWM3, Polk DSW micropro 1000 (x2),
    Pioneer Kuro 50" Plasma, Phillips Pronto Control w/Niles HT-MSU.
  • starkiller
    starkiller Posts: 2,723
    edited November 2010
    "Sand amps"??
    Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC
  • Amherst
    edited November 2010
    Solid State-No tubes! Sorry.
    Parasound C1, T3, HCA-3500, HCA-2205A, P/DD1550, Pioneer DV-79avi, Oppo BDP-83, WD Media Server W/HDD,
    Dynaudio Contour 3.3, Dynaudio Contour T2.1, Polk OWM3, Polk DSW micropro 1000 (x2),
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited November 2010
    Amherst wrote: »
    Solid State-No tubes! Sorry.

Just call it a solid state(SS) piece of equipment, don't be trendy. Really, unless it uses tubes, there's no reason to call it anything. If it uses tubes, they should know what they're looking at anyways.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • vc69
    vc69 Posts: 2,500
    edited November 2010
    Monitor 30's arrived safe and sound. Thanks for the quick shipping!
    -Kevin
    HT: Philips 52PFL7432D 52" LCD 1080p / Onkyo TX-SR 606 / Oppo BDP-83 SE / Comcast cable. (all HDMI)B&W 801 - Front, Polk CS350 LS - Center, Polk LS90 - Rear
    2 Channel:
    Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Squeezebox Touch
    Muscial Fidelity M1 DAC
    VTL 2.5
    McIntosh 2205 (refurbed)
    B&W 801's
    Transparent IC's
  • Amherst
    edited December 2010
    You got it! Enjoy the new speakers VC69. :smile:

The pair of Monitor 30's and the pair of Monitor 40's are sold.
    The pair of LSI 9's have also been sold. Thanks Guys!

The two center channel speakersl are still here and most of the electronic stuff remains for sale. Offers will be considered before it gets moved for sale elsewhere.
  • Poee7R
    Poee7R Posts: 904
    edited December 2010
    Recieved the 9's and they are in better shape than I thought they would be and I couldnt of had a smoother transaction.

Amherst you rock bud, feedback inc.

Dave
    Once again we meet at last.
  • Amherst
    edited December 2010
    Trying to put up accurate descriptions in the posts here Dave. Thanks!
    Now your'e the one who is rocking! Enjoy the speakers.

Accepting offers on the remainder from anyone interested in purchasing anything left.