Polk Audio takes a big ol' might **** on MB Quart...

PoweredByDodge
PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
edited July 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
much to my dismay, as stated before... my MB Quart 3 way 6x9's in back of the land-boat caddy died... well one of them.

so today i'm runnin with only one rear hooked up awaiting my replacement from sounddomain.

well.. then the other one went - yes, MB Quart sucks a fatty apparently... i'm very very disappointed in these coax's. the fronts are the only decent 3.5" i could find so i am keeping them for now -- they haven't died yet but they're hinting i think -- keep in mind this stuff is about 2 or 3 weeks old... that's it.

anywho -- i couldn't take it anymore, so i went to circuit city and snagged a set of polk EX III 6x9's on sale (130 bones -- more than the 100 that crutchfield wanted but like i said i COULD NOT STAND IT ANYMORE).

2 hours later (had to rip out the amp rack, sub box, everything to get to the back deck where the 6x9's are bottom mounted...

it sounds fantastic, the polk EXIII's hit deeper, harder, and more importently cleaner and with much more authority that says "no, dont worry about me vinnie, i'm not going to fry on you."

smooth as hell for a mid line coaxial. i'm impressed.

anywho... too bad htey dont make EXIII 3.5" the EX 351 A (original Ex series) aren't quite my liking with the wizzer cone center... oh well... i'll burn the **** out of these 'Quart 3.5's - i got em on sale for 39 bucks... i dont care. fk em. ya know.

i'm just real happy -- the new 6x9's in back bring the two 8" subs to life so much more, better transition from sub to high and better overall SQ.
The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
Post edited by PoweredByDodge on

Comments