Center Channel Shelf

Options
donahue
donahue Posts: 125
edited July 2003 in Speakers
Hi,

I am interested in getting a shelf for my Polk CSi40 that will fit on top of the TV. I have the Sony 34XBR800 with matching stand and I currently have the center speaker on the bottom. It's not bad there, but I feel that it would be better on top of the TV. Sanus has a center channel shelf, but it worries me that they state that it holds "up to 15 pounds". Any opinions out there?

Thanks,

Ray
Post edited by donahue on

Comments

• kberg
    kberg Posts: 974
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Try Bed Bath and Beyond for the same type of TV shelf - it will also say 15 lb. limit but I am using it with my CSi40 and it works fine. Just make sure you mount it firm, and more importantly, LEVEL. If you then need to tilt the speak downward toward the listening position, you can do that too. I put foam rubber a couple inches thick under the backside of the speaker and the tilt is perfect.
    Mains: polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired)
    Center: polkaudio CSi40 (bi-wired)
    Surrounds: polkaudio FXi30's
    Rear Center: polkaudio CSi30
    Sub: SVS 20-39 PC+
    Receiver: ONKYO TX-SR600
    Display: JVC HD-56G786
    DVD Player: SONY DVP-CX985V
    DVD Player: OPPO DV-981HD 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI
    Remote: Logitech Harmony H688
  • Gate1way2
    Gate1way2 Posts: 29
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Kberg,
    do you of any store on the the net that carry's this shelf?
    I was also intrested in it.
  • kberg
    kberg Posts: 974
    edited July 2003
    Options
    I have the one-tiered shelf from BB&B. But Crutchfield seems to have the same thing. Try looking there.
    Mains: polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired)
    Center: polkaudio CSi40 (bi-wired)
    Surrounds: polkaudio FXi30's
    Rear Center: polkaudio CSi30
    Sub: SVS 20-39 PC+
    Receiver: ONKYO TX-SR600
    Display: JVC HD-56G786
    DVD Player: SONY DVP-CX985V
    DVD Player: OPPO DV-981HD 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI
    Remote: Logitech Harmony H688