Deal of the Day!!!

Comments

• KaosTsoc
    KaosTsoc Posts: 372
    edited November 2010
    coffecake. Wow. Was all that even necessary. Nice way to show your rear sir.

eprater1 good luck on your choices, and keep us posted on what's up.

Thanks.
    2006 Prerunner Access Cab
    5 Speed 4 cycl 2wd

Audio:
    Pioneer P860 Head Unit
    Polk Audio MM6501
    Alpine PDX F-6
    Two SR124(SVC)
    Alpine PDX M12
    Kinetik HC2000 battery and Sleeve
    200 Amp Mean Green High Output Alternator

Need a DJ, photobooth, or both for rent?

http://photoboothdallas.org
  • eprater1
    eprater1 Posts: 175
    edited November 2010
    kaos - as we speak i currently have my dash torn appart workin on additional ground for the pioneer and running 4 sets of speaker wires to the front of the truck. fyi the dash on a loaded f250 is a real ****. everything has a spitch mounted to it, rear window, adjustabl pedals, 4x4 system x3, heater controls, power outlet, odometer switches, and more all have to be disconnected.
  • arun1963
    arun1963 Posts: 1,797
    edited November 2010
    eprater1 wrote: »
    kaos - as we speak i currently have my dash torn apart ........fyi the dash on a loaded f250 is a real ****. everything has a spitch mounted to it, rear window, adjustabl pedals, 4x4 system x3, heater controls, power outlet, odometer switches, and more all have to be disconnected.

That would freak me out!!! :eek: Thats why I suck at diy. Good Luck with the install.

Being 2.5hrs from Mac is pure providence. Cash in on it. Keep on his **** till he relents. 2 hrs with him and he will tune your system to perfection and teach you stuff that you will continue to absorb for a while. Make sure to take notes. :wink:
  • eprater1
    edited November 2010
    eh its not that bad just sucks to have to do all that to pull the dash, head unit is temp mounted until my 3 sets of rca come via ups. all speaker wire ran except the front left tweet (ran out of wire). hoping my tweets come in today so i can start on the pillars. milles are supposed to be in tomorrow!!!
  • KaosTsoc
    edited November 2010
    kaos - as we speak i currently have my dash torn appart workin on additional ground for the pioneer and running 4 sets of speaker wires to the front of the truck. fyi the dash on a loaded f250 is a real ****. everything has a spitch mounted to it, rear window, adjustabl pedals, 4x4 system x3, heater controls, power outlet, odometer switches, and more all have to be disconnected.

Sweet. Yeah Ford has always been that way. It gets worse as time goes on, and the manufacture keeps on putting this and that into the vehicles that we drive. So, yeah I understand completely. Have fun, and take your time cause thats the only way to do it.

Thanks.
    5 Speed 4 cycl 2wd

Audio:
    Pioneer P860 Head Unit
    Polk Audio MM6501
    Alpine PDX F-6
    Two SR124(SVC)
    Alpine PDX M12

• arun1963
    edited November 2010
    Just to set the record straight.......my last post to you and you're on the ignore list.
    coffecake wrote: »
    What ever dude, youre just another one of this cheap **** that can't afford the good stuff so you start making excuses that a $200 deck is better than a $4,000 one.

Last financial I paid taxes to the 40k in taxes. How about you? From what I read about you in your 15 posts here, you're still studying for exams. So the 'afford' bit is somewhat irrelevant.
    Ever heard of YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR?...

I think ep's post on the gold and diamond studded toilet is a great qualifier.
    Also stop sucking MAC

In a few years, you will discover that life is inherently unfair. You don't get anything for free. Not in your family, not at work, nowhere. Then you run into someone who changes your life for the better......for free. I'd love to see you being ungracious in that situation. Maybe it would be easier for you. You want to call it sucking ****? Fine thats your perspective.
    And it's obvious you guys haven't even heard any of the previous mention old school deck, so don't talk **** and listen first.

Oh! I forgot to mention that I ran the Nak 700 a while back. You can only have my word that my pio is in a different league.

you ****.

It's just seems logical, that a guy with a handle like 'cup cake' or 'coffee cake' or whatever, would be the last guy to use that term. :biggrin:
  • eprater1
    edited November 2010
    personally i like how cupcake sounds :)
  • eprater1
    edited November 2010
    well it has been a bitter sweet afternoon. deck is in and all wires are ran. got a call that the milles came in a day early so went to pick those up, unfortunately while i was gone the ups guy came with my tweets but i wasnt here to sign for them. oh well maybe tomorrow. about to go make rings for the mids and do a preliminary install to check for clearance. any tips on making inner door baffles?
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited November 2010
    I usually make my inner door baffles out of cheap plastic cutting boards. They dont ever absorb water like MDF does...and are typically more consistent density wise.

Just make sure to add a lot of sound deadening.

And my e-**** is way bigger than you guys' e-****.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • eprater1
    edited November 2010
    the milles are amazing. only listened to a few van morrison tracks but def liking them. blend very well on the low end, a bit bright on the high but again alot of tuning ahead. these are just the mids not the comps.

fyi- i have the best e-**** of all and cupcake can vouch .....oh and its an old school one too.
  • eprater1
    edited November 2010
    after thinkin bout it arun has the biggest....40k in taxes...**** that! thats good money he wins. :)
  • eprater1
    edited November 2010
    the "cheap" university is Clemson. and if you were really an accountant you would know our economy has been in a state of deflation over the last 18 months or so. nope no kids.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DENON-CAR-CD-PLAYER-DCT-R1-STEREO-DCT-A1-DCT-Z1-AUX-/230552331599?pt=Car_Audio_In_Dash_Receivers&hash=item35adfd654f - its worth less than 400 not 1000.00 then again if no one bids that drives down the value even more. and no not everything depreciates over time, houses go up, land, many vehicles, cigars, many things! my father doesnt even work in the same industry so get off that horse.

post us up a few pics of that sweet ride...lol im calling bs on everything you have said. then again it prob doest take much to win anything in that POS country, how many drugs are you on????

im done with this guy until we get some proof. mac, skip, arun i will start a different thread later to run down the build and ask some questions.
  • exalted512
    edited November 2010
    OOHH!!! I'm sorry professor I didn't know there was a formula for technology, in what cheap **** university you've learn that?...What was the name of the course? Cheap **** 101. Wow now I know what I'm dealing with. Youre just a drop out little kid who knock up a **** in high school and now works at daddy's workplace and thinks that buying crappy sound system and a shitbox makes you an expert. Look little ****, all **** equipment depreciates over the years it don't matter if it's a freaking car or a sound system. The value of something today it's not the same as tomorrow, it's called PRESENT VALUE ****!!!. Just so you know the Denon z1 when it came out it cost $4,000 and NOW you can find it for over a $1,000 on ebay or just some random guy on the internet. Today's sound equipment are not meant for Real sound quality because people today want a cheap product that just sound LOUD, so companies like eclipse, denon, alpine, pioneer, nakamichi and clarion gave up on sound quality. It's simple Economics, ****. The prices today are up because of something called INFLATION, look it up ****. OOHH and just so you know I'm a Certified Public Accountant working for over 4 years on Ernst and Young, one of the Big Four Accounting Job. I won several sound quality competition in my country with judges from all over the world and met True Audiophilist in wich over the years I have learned from them and we compare car and home audio system from the past and present. Also I'm Puerto Rican, so you **** GRINGO ME MAMAN EL BICHO CABRONES.

So whats your name so we can look you up on the archives in the sound quality competitions?
    -Cody
  • exalted512
    edited November 2010
    See ya later kid.
  • AudioGenics
    AudioGenics Posts: 2,567
    edited November 2010
    what's going on here ?
  • KaosTsoc
    edited November 2010
    If ok to interject, but Puerto Rico is a U.S territory last I looked, so you are in the same boat with us. So, yeah on that. Also I have alot family that is from Puerto Rico, and I can tell you that there is nothing good that comes out of there. The only good things are thieves, drugs, and good looking women; up until about 40ish then even they take a nose dive. So, yeah on that too. So, I guess that does not say much your self, or your future, oh well. I think your just mad cause you spent 4,000.00 on a unit that does nothing more than play music, with no tuning features etc. And thats ok..... I would be too, and if it got stolen man....... So, you basically have a nice piece of jewlery in your car that is screaming to people TAKE ME IM EXPENSIVE. I got some family that can take that off you hands if you like. LOL. J/K...

I also see no use in you acting so unprofessional, and childish. It's (I hate to say this) people like you that make getting onto fourms so, undesirable. Nobody wants to here you cussing some out, because they dont agree with you. The guy came on here to get ideas, and suggestions etc, and the you hijack it, by acting like a jerk.

Cool that you know three languages. Congrates man really.

JVC, nothing going on just someone acting like a burro, lol.

Thanks.
    5 Speed 4 cycl 2wd

Audio:
    Pioneer P860 Head Unit
    Polk Audio MM6501
    Alpine PDX F-6
    Two SR124(SVC)
    Alpine PDX M12

• arun1963
    edited November 2010
    MacLeod wrote: »
    Arun- I'm hiring you as my publicist. :D

Damn bro, what happened to the job of "press secretary"? :tongue:
    MacLeod wrote: »
    Ha! Thats awesome! Im an SQ ninja!! I love it.

Patrick, you gotta put this under my screenname as my title. I can see it now:

MacLeod
    SQ Ninja .

*Recorded Message* "Rule 1201.09 specifies, that no member of CP will be entitled to titles. Enjoy your stay on CP."............
    exalted512 wrote: »
    See ya later kid.

Looks like cupcake posted another rant.......:smile:
  • KaosTsoc
    edited November 2010
    LOL how funny. Cool deal. Please keep going cause this amuses me at the moment. Anything else you would like to add..... I kind of like to hear you belittle the people on here.

I dont discriminate, considering that unforchantly I have half Puerto Rican blood in me, and wish I could get the water off my back. However Im also polish as well, so that helps a little. LOL

Thanks.
    5 Speed 4 cycl 2wd

Audio:
    Pioneer P860 Head Unit
    Polk Audio MM6501
    Alpine PDX F-6
    Two SR124(SVC)
    Alpine PDX M12

• KaosTsoc
    edited November 2010
    Sorry to the guys on here mac, dskip, arun, eprater1. I'll stop now. It was just amusing for the moment.

Thanks.
    5 Speed 4 cycl 2wd

Audio:
    Pioneer P860 Head Unit
    Polk Audio MM6501
    Alpine PDX F-6
    Two SR124(SVC)
    Alpine PDX M12

• eprater1
    edited November 2010
    kaos your half polish and half puerto rican??? now that is a combination.

Cupcake,
    lets pretend everthing you have said is right (but we all know it isnt) please provide us with some proof about anything your saying and that you actually have one of these decks and a decent vehicle to put it in. and we never got your famous name that has won all those internationally judged SQ comps? what does an accountant in PR do anyways?? keep up with how many kilos are exported? but seriously what kinda car do you drive? what is your complete install consist of?? do you even know what a DAC is??
  • KaosTsoc
    edited November 2010
    Yeah tell me about it. I was kind of shocked when my mom told me. It is more funny to me than anything.

oh forgot to add that the fire kind of helps keep the water off my back. You know polish.... holocaust....

Oh, and just cause you THINK I can not afford that denon does not mean that I would buy it if I could. I call that being smart, and using my money toward more important things. Hell that much money would almost be enough to do my entire truck correctly.

Sorry my bad low blow. Ok enough. Sorry.

However coffeecake did make a good point in that the Pioneer is by far better then the Kenwood.

Thanks.
    5 Speed 4 cycl 2wd

Audio:
    Pioneer P860 Head Unit
    Polk Audio MM6501
    Alpine PDX F-6
    Two SR124(SVC)
    Alpine PDX M12

• eprater1
    edited November 2010
    KaosTsoc wrote: »

However coffeecake did make a good point in that the Pioneer is by far better then the Kenwood.

Thanks.

see cupcake we are trying to help you out and find favor in your statements but your not doing yourself any favors by acting an **** and making obsurd/derogatory claims and statements.

what is your complete setup and what vehicle is it in. also what is ur name and what are all the competitions you have won, give us some shred of evidence.
  • eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited November 2010
    coffe - you should look into this....

http://www.angermgmt.com/
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • jay27
    jay27 Posts: 105
    edited November 2010
    and why cant i get competition grade sound?? why does it have to be close to comp? are hertz mille mids, HAT legatia r2 tweets and a pioneer prs-800 not up to competition snuff? again not being smart just wondering. if set up right with the right amp are these not all competition grade components?

Even if you have great gear, getting the most out of it will be the challenge. I've had the P01 (Japanese version of the P99rs) and it's a great unit for tuning. But I could not extract the potential out of it because I am not very good at tuning to begin with. Very few are. I've used the JBL MS-8, and this unit will get you almost where you want to be with the autotune function alone.

My point is, unless you have a really good idea of what you're doing with install and tuning, you can have perfectly awful sound with great gear.
  • arun1963
    edited November 2010
    jay27 wrote: »
    I've used the JBL MS-8, and this unit will get you almost where you want to be with the autotune function alone.

My point is, unless you have a really good idea of what you're doing with install and tuning, you can have perfectly awful sound with great gear.

True.

To be good at tuning, requires a slightly OC personality and the ability to devote some serious time over a few years :smile:. Most people are not that fussed about sound. Hence something like the MS-8,with its auto tune would be a practical solution. Plug and play solution to decent sound.

I've heard a couple of cars here, running off the MS-8. Frankly, I was a pleasantly surprised. Sure, there was a lot that still needed correction, but if you bench mark against a stock setup with no tuning, the results were very good.

Great gear by itself does not give you great sound.
  • arun1963
    edited November 2010
    I'm meeting this guy over the weekend who's running the p-99, to help tune his setup. Will have some feedback on the p-99.
  • jay27
    edited November 2010
    I would say the MS-8 produces far better than decent sound. It's been used to win competitions. What it does perfectly is time align all of your speakers and center the image so that everything sounds as if coming from in front of you. This is very important, especially if running a 3-way set up where tuning can get nasty. The only other adjustments needed are to use the 31 band eq to your tastes. Everything is already level matched for left and right speakers.

It is a great unit and I haven't even tried it with a center channel and rears, which is supposed to make it really shine with Logic 7.
  • KaosTsoc
    edited November 2010
    True true. I was looking at the p-99, and it does alot. I would also like to know what you thought. Im considering it, since the p-880, and p-800 are no longer available.

Thanks.
    5 Speed 4 cycl 2wd

Audio:
    Pioneer P860 Head Unit
    Polk Audio MM6501
    Alpine PDX F-6
    Two SR124(SVC)
    Alpine PDX M12

• arun1963
    edited November 2010
    jay27 wrote: »
    I would say the MS-8 produces far better than decent sound. It's been used to win competitions. What it does perfectly is time align all of your speakers and center the image so that everything sounds as if coming from in front of you. This is very important, especially if running a 3-way set up where tuning can get nasty. The only other adjustments needed are to use the 31 band eq to your tastes. Everything is already level matched for left and right speakers.

It is a great unit and I haven't even tried it with a center channel and rears, which is supposed to make it really shine with Logic 7.

I believe that sound is about hearing it, not measuring it.

To assume that auto tune 'anything', including the ms-8 can provide perfect sound, is to presume that we understand every last thing about how our ears and brain work. Given the dsp within the ms-8, a decent tuner would beat the auto tune on the ms-8, 10/10.

The show car with the ms-8 that won, was first auto tuned and then tweaked by a world champion for 1 hour. However, its a great plug and play device for 95% of the people. Much better than any stock system and I'm sure most cars that have the tuning tools but not tuned well.
  • jay27
    edited November 2010
    I'm not saying the MS-8 provides perfect sound just with the auto tune. That's what the 31 band eq is there for...so you can customize to your liking. But, the MS-8 does align and level match all of your speakers so that you are hearing everything ideally for your seating position. This is not easy feat for someone without extensive experience. I would also say that it's quite an accomplishment to win an SQ competition with 1 hour of tuning, using primarily stock speakers in stock locations and a stock head unit.

Also, integrating a center channel and rears with Logic 7 is something no one can tune manually.

Hopefully more manufacturers are looking at the success of the JBL unit and making strides in that direction. I feel the BitOne, Zapco DSP6, H701, etc., are for professionals. Your normal individual is not going to be able to use those tools with any great effectiveness.

If you are a great tuner, that's awesome. Most of us are not. The JBL does allow the rest of us to have near or at competition level sound without the expertise.