Chess Blues - Box Collection - 1947 to 1967 - Chess/MCA

dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,577
edited November 2010 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Chess Blues CD Box Collection - 9/10 - $25/shipped

I've had this box set for a long time and simply don't listen to it very much anymore, really at all. It's a collection of the Chess Records company blues recordings from 1947-1967.

It varies from raw to polished to semi-polished. I wouldn't call it a re-master but it does contain 19 unreleased tracks from the label at that time.

The box contains a 30 page booklet that describes each track and/or artist, some longer than others, in regards to history and photos. This is just as cool as the collection really.

Aside from some rubs on the outside edges its in near mint condition. The discs are in mint condition and have only been played...probably 3 times since I bought it 10+ years ago.

Includes: Original box, internal CD plastic crate & 30 page booklet.
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited November 2010
    I'll take it.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2010
    Cool, thanks Ed....you're my idol. It's a great set for a collection.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited November 2010
    Very nice save Ed. I didn't see that till just now and I would have been out $25. You da man.
  • HB27
    HB27 Posts: 1,518
    edited November 2010
    I've got that set and it's excellent music with a good re-mastering on it.
    I have a lot of the Chess. Happy with all of it.
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2010
    Ed- I need your personal information, including email for my shipping records. I was surprised to not have you in them. The Chess is boxed and ready to go as soon as you send me that stuff.

I also owe you beads and shells for a third SL2500. Let's worry about that later as I told Lou to keep it for any local SL2500 Polkie issues, that may arise locally...for whatever reasons for the moment. Thanks for the two you hooked me up on already.

In regards to my SRT rebuild, I'd like to start hiding in your bushes, plus I might have some extra goodies for the two of us....email me thru here please,
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited November 2010
    Pm sent.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.