Routing amp power wire

mdaudioguy
mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
edited November 2010 in Car Audio & Electronics
'09 Eclipse - I'm planning to run a 4 gauge power wire from the hatch to the battery. Any suggestions? I looked for an obvious opening/grommet in the firewall and none jumped out at me. (You know, with a "Run power wire through here!" label on it. :wink:)
Post edited by mdaudioguy on

Comments

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    edited November 2010
    It's on the drivers side, but it's crowded over there. I may try pulling the glove box and check back there.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2010
    There is almost always an opening in the firewall thatll lead into the cabin. Id check from both sides very close. You may have to piggy back thru another opening. On my Edge, there was a couple wires running thru this big rubber sleeve and into the engine compartment. I poked a hole in it and snaked the power wire thru and into the engine compartment. Worked like a charm.

In my Accord, there was an opening that had a grommet installed but nothing going thru so I popped it out and ran on thru.

My beloved Dodge Ram was like the Edge. No lone opening so I piggy backed thru an opening used by some other wires.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • PerfectCreature
    PerfectCreature Posts: 1,456
    edited November 2010
    My Grand Am had a grommet sort of under the steering column that I used, ran through like a dream....try there?
    Always follow the wires.
    Receiver
    Harman Kardon HK 3490
    Speakers
    Polk Audio Monitor 50s
    Subwoofer
    Klipsch KSW-100
    Cables
    AudioQuest Rocket 33s 10ft
    AudioQuest Optilink1 2m
    AudioQuest Alpha-Snake 25ft Interconnect
    AudioQuest HDMI-1 2m