Gran turismo 5

2»

Comments

• mole'
    mole' Posts: 3,160
    edited November 2010
    You sure about that? I'm pretty sure the code I got from Gamestop said I could install it five times. I got a stealth F1 Mclaren and a Gamestop stock car.

um can i buy one of your 4 spare codes from ya? LOL
    mole'
  • mole'
    edited November 2010
    Earthy wrote: »
    I think your correct about 5 installs, but only for a single PSN.

I'm really enjoying this game. Last year, i built a race seat with a G27 wheel and seat out of a car. It's a blast to use. I have never played Gran Turismo with a controller. Always a wheel.

LUCKY!!!

i have not been home much, so only have a few hours logged on it so far. was working on the a license
    mole'
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited December 2010
    Does everyone remember the oil change trick from the last few GT's? When you first obtain a car, win, buy new or used change its oil right away. Look at your horsepower before and after, you'll have a nice little boost. I just finished my international a license yesterday, which was rough. Has anyone played this online yet?
  • Lietuvis91
    Lietuvis91 Posts: 908
    edited December 2010
    codyc1ark wrote: »
    Does everyone remember the oil change trick from the last few GT's? When you first obtain a car, win, buy new or used change its oil right away. Look at your horsepower before and after, you'll have a nice little boost. I just finished my international a license yesterday, which was rough. Has anyone played this online yet?

Sweet! Thanks for the tip, I have to take a major test on Saturday, saturday night I should be picking up this game too!
    Living Room 7.1 HT Rig:

M70 | CS2 | M60 | Atrium5 - Surr. | SUB - Emotiva ULTRA12 + Tara Labs sub cable | Pioneer Elite VSX-52 | Parasound HCAs 1000A | Sony BDP-S790 | Belkin PureAV PF60 | MIT Exp2 Wires

Bedroom 5.0 HT Rig (Music/Movies/Gaming) :

LSi9 | LsiC | Lsi/fx | Marantz SR7002 | NAD T955 | Sony BDP-S360 | Belkin PureAV PF30 | AQ Blue Racer II ICs & AQ Type 4 wires | PS3
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited December 2010
    Cody, I have had a hard time trying to get the a-spec license, can't seem to get the last one on the high speed ring, seems if I bump someone I get disqualified??? WTH?
  • codyc1ark
    edited December 2010
    Polkie2009 wrote: »
    Cody, I have had a hard time trying to get the a-spec license, can't seem to get the last one on the high speed ring, seems if I bump someone I get disqualified??? WTH?

Yeah, it can be tough. I spent half a day on the I-A license because of this issue. Also if you run into the wall or all four tires go off the track you have to restart. I'm not a high enough level to do the super license, yet, but I am interested to see how hard it is. Has anyone messed with the Special class, mainly the kart or top gear test (first one with the VW bus)? I'm finding the second kart and the first top gear almost impossible, but need to invest more time into it.
  • ballen823
    ballen823 Posts: 110
    edited December 2010
    The VW bus is the most painful race I've ever tried. I'm not sure I will ever go back to it - so frustrating. The Lotus is equally frustrating.

I enjoy the karts - best bet is to race with them a few times on the easier course to get used to them, then move on to the races you need to complete. It's extremely tough to go from racing a car for a couple hours to the karts.
  • Earthy
    Earthy Posts: 488
    edited December 2010
    I have found that doing the license test over and over until you can consistently get gold really improves your driving on the track. Knowing how to brake, what line and speed in a turn, and when and how to reapply the power is what it's all about for me. I find its getting easier each day. The game is much more enjoyable at the higher levels if you have the basic skills mastered.

I found the VW's frustrating too, but no where near as hard as the Lotus. This guy made it look easy though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8t-QB2MICE&feature=related

Also don't forget to play with the driving aids. Sometimes a small amount can make a big difference.
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Parasound Halo A21
    Parasound Halo P3

Home theater
    Polk LSiM 707, 706c, 703, 705
    Polk Blackstone TL3 for height
    SVS PB12-ISD Sub
    Denon AVR-X6400h
    Parasound Halo A51
    LG OLED65B7A
    Sony UBPX800
    Logitech Harmony Elite
    PC LSiM 703
    Spare LSIM 702 and 706c

Home Theater #2
    Polk Audio LS70, CS350LS, LSF/X, S4
    Onkyo TX-NR808

• codyc1ark
    edited December 2010
    I'm getting fairly frustrated with the game, but that’s to be expected with any of the GT series games. However, I'm not as happy overall as I think I should be with it. Here are just a few of my issues with the game...

Graphics - They seem very 'PS2' to me, I was hoping with all the delays that it was going to be the next best thing in the PS3 world. Some glitching, etc....

Cars - I hate, HATE, this premium car thing. I can't put wheels on anything but? WTF?? I can't even paint wheels on a normal vehicle.

If they were going to add damage to this GT, they should have done it right. Our nephew was over, he is 11, we set him up on the arcade version with a new Challenger, and all he wanted to do was crash the thing. Of course, he had a hard time damaging anything to the front of the vehicle, but the bumper looked like it morphed into different forms a few times, tail lamps would move around, but damage just looked awful. Boo.

No brake upgrades???

I can't but a racing kit on but like 17 or so cars? Hmph... Shame.

Overall I feel like the game was released undone. Let’s peg it at 75% completed, if that. Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to play the hell out of the game, but it could be better. Anybody else have any thoughts to go with me? Against me? Have you thought about dinosaurs lately?

These are just a few of my issues with the game. Overall, still a good game, but with ALL the hype, and the past releases, I expected more.

-Cody
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited December 2010
    Earthy wrote: »
    I found the VW's frustrating too, but no where near as hard as the Lotus. This guy made it look easy though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8t-QB2MICE&feature=related

Reminds me if this guy:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v0RLwKFrtCM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v0RLwKFrtCM?fs=1&hl=en_US&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited December 2010
    Jstas wrote: »
    Reminds me if this guy:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v0RLwKFrtCM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v0RLwKFrtCM?fs=1&hl=en_US&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Good Grief, I'm suprised that small car could fit that driver's pendulous balls in it.

thats just a driving seminar right there
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • mole'
    edited December 2010
    damn, that guy can flat out drive and PASS!
    mole'
  • Earthy
    edited December 2010
    The first thing I think of when I see a pile of cars like that, is how can I power through the whole bunch on that first corner. I love GT. Never get away with that in the real world.
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Parasound Halo A21
    Parasound Halo P3

Home theater
    SVS PB12-ISD Sub
    Denon AVR-X6400h
    Parasound Halo A51
    LG OLED65B7A
    Sony UBPX800
    Logitech Harmony Elite
    PC LSiM 703
    Spare LSIM 702 and 706c

Home Theater #2
    Onkyo TX-NR808

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited December 2010
    Wow, that's awesome!

Here's the full video as hosted on metacafe!

<div style="background:#000000;width:600px;height:370px"><embed flashVars="playerVars=showStats=yes|autoPlay=no|videoTitle=Lotus Elise (extended)" src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/538311/lotus_elise_extended.swf&quot; width="600" height="370" wmode="transparent" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" name="Metacafe_538311" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></div><div style="font-size:12px;"><a href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/538311/lotus_elise_extended/">Lotus Elise (extended)</a> - <a href="http://www.metacafe.com/">More free videos are here</a></div>
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited December 2010
    <object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uL4acUz4nJw&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uL4acUz4nJw&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Funny stuff!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Earthy
    edited December 2010
    That's hilarious! I've had a couple of crashes like that. Those darn AI drivers should be called ABD (artificially brain dead). Until your cleanly past them, they don't see you at all and will try to drive right through you. NASCAR races on daytona are a great place to see flying crashes. You have to drive with the pack. And they don't seem to see you.
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Parasound Halo A21
    Parasound Halo P3

Home theater
    SVS PB12-ISD Sub
    Denon AVR-X6400h
    Parasound Halo A51
    LG OLED65B7A
    Sony UBPX800
    Logitech Harmony Elite
    PC LSiM 703
    Spare LSIM 702 and 706c

Home Theater #2
    Onkyo TX-NR808

• Lietuvis91
    edited December 2010
    So I still havent gotten the game, but what is the verdict on GT5? AWESOME, OK, NOTHING SPECIAL?

I'm a long term die hard Grand Tourismo fan, so I am very curious what other GT series fans have to say...
    Living Room 7.1 HT Rig:

M70 | CS2 | M60 | Atrium5 - Surr. | SUB - Emotiva ULTRA12 + Tara Labs sub cable | Pioneer Elite VSX-52 | Parasound HCAs 1000A | Sony BDP-S790 | Belkin PureAV PF60 | MIT Exp2 Wires

LSi9 | LsiC | Lsi/fx | Marantz SR7002 | NAD T955 | Sony BDP-S360 | Belkin PureAV PF30 | AQ Blue Racer II ICs & AQ Type 4 wires | PS3
  • ballen823
    ballen823 Posts: 110
    edited December 2010
    Lietuvis91 wrote: »
    So I still havent gotten the game, but what is the verdict on GT5? AWESOME, OK, NOTHING SPECIAL?

I'm a long term die hard Grand Tourismo fan, so I am very curious what other GT series fans have to say...

Buy it. There are bound to be things that will disappoint or make you scratch your head, but as a driving simulator, it can't be beat.
  • Lietuvis91
    edited December 2010
    I'm going to buy the game for sure. Just have not been in a hurry due to being too busy and not wanting to get distracted. I definitely support the GT series, I'm a huge fan.

I'm reading about how the logitech wheel is a "must" to get the most kick out of the game. Some reviewer said the game is ok, without the wheel, but OMFG how cool it is with the wheel. So i will be getting the wheel too ;-)

Anyone on here have the wheel?
    Living Room 7.1 HT Rig:

• concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited December 2010
    I'm honestly not a fan. I'm waiting out for some more patches to see if it improves.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited December 2010
    A wheel is the ONLY way to go for any driving simulator. Period.
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • cheddar
    cheddar Posts: 2,390
    edited December 2010
    Anyone find a good cheap way to mount a wheel? Not sure how it would work with couch level seating.
  • Lietuvis91
    edited December 2010
    someone i know used an ironing board and a regular kitchen or office chair... says it worked well!

lol!

I'm sure there are better ways to do it ;-)
    Living Room 7.1 HT Rig:

• LessisNevermore
    LessisNevermore Posts: 1,519
    edited December 2010
    I'm honestly not a fan. I'm waiting out for some more patches to see if it improves.

Try Arcade mode.:tongue::tongue:
    cheddar wrote: »
    Anyone find a good cheap way to mount a wheel? Not sure how it would work with couch level seating.

I modified a 2' wooden step ladder, and added a riser to the top of it. Looks goofy, but works for now, until I can wear down the wife on a racing seat. She's still learning to love the acoustic panels...lol