? about Polk DX components...

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited July 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have had 2 sets of polk audio DX components for about 3 years now. I have always loved them and never pushed them harder than they could handle. Yesterday i got into my car, turned on my stereo, and all of the speakers just sound horrible. i have tested different speakers already and have determined it is the polk components. I am pushing them with a JL audio 300/4 amp. Untill yesterday it was sounding beautifully. I have the DX3065's in the door and the DX3055's in custom kick pods up front. In the past i have swapped out a couple subwoofers with polk and at one point even upgraded my woofers to the momo's, so i was wondering if there was anyway i could work a deal with you guys that i could upgrade, or even get some DX's back, if i sent you my blown pairs...I do realize the warrenty is long gone, but i do know polk is one of the few companies out there actually willing to work with there customers, and i really appreciate that. You can reach me on email if you prefer at snappyjb67@prodigy.net, or if you prefer i call instead just let me know, thanks a lot!
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sirogenous
    sirogenous Posts: 57
    edited July 2003
    Unless something drastic has happened to your speakers and all at once, chances are it's not a speaker problem. I would go thru the entire wiring system from the alternator/battery connections, connections at the amp and head unit, the whole thing...every connect one by one. Sometimes low voltage can make a sound system sound bad. It can also ruin a good set of speakers too if you are really pushing a power hungry amp. Also, try making sure the speakers are tightly mounted. I know my DX3065's drivers sometimes work their way loose. It makes a big difference in sound. One last thing if all else fails. Check for earwax buildup. Hey...you never know.