Need advice.

CPHILHOWER
CPHILHOWER Posts: 343
edited July 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Most of you veterns probably know that my life lately has been H*ll. Tonight I come home to a nasty message on my answering machine. My Super has received a complaint about my pet rabbit. I have until Mon 7/14 to remove her or come up with $100 deposit and an addiitonal $25 a month rent. Money i dont have. Anyone here in nj know of a decent pkace to rent? one that will allow me to keep her? without her, what is the point of living?
Chris :(:(
Post edited by CPHILHOWER on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited July 2003
    #1 - who complains abotu a rabbit -- such fuzzy wonderful cute things... who would complain about a rabbit? person shud be shot.

#2 - landlord is an ****. landlord should be shot.

#3 - i've no idea where u can move to but that's really bogus about your dumbass landlord giving u the shaft over an animal that makes no noise, makes no mess, probably lives in a cage at night or while you're at work, and obviously is not tearing up his apartment / house as maybe a large dog or something of that affect might.

Out of all the things u can have, bunnies are the most benign thing other than a hamster...

and hamsters have loud wheel things they run on -- so bunnies even have them beat.

i imagine there are apts in the local area that have it listed "welcome pets" or something to that affect... that's about the best i can tell ya...

john's a jersey guy -- he's gotta know better than anybody -- its a small state - well not small but its not huge.

the only problem i forsee for you is that you'ge gonna have to fork over a first month / last month / and secutity dept at a new palce -- that's a whole mess of cash dude... if u can't swing 100 + 25, i dont know how you're gonna swing FM/LM/ Sec.

won't the current guy give you a break for a month or two so u can build up some cash reserve at the new job ????????

PS -- do not give up your rabbit no matter how hard he twists your arm. we're all entitled to our animal companions within reasonable bounds, and a rabbit is certainly reasonable. besides... i think the little bugger would be pretty depressed w/ out dad.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited July 2003
    Most of the apts I found are a lot more expensive. Currentl paying $675 a month. Which eats just over 1/2 month income.
    Chris
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited July 2003
    Problem is, in NJ, Apartments are expensive. Is there a family or friend that you can lay the rabbit up with for a little while? If you have steady work at Pep Boys, you could probably get yourself a house. You can get something that's about 1,000-1,500 square feet for 75-90K. If you can muster together 5-8K in savings, you could get a house on virtually no down payment and your monthly payment would be right about where it is now.

But I understand that may not be an option, just an idea.

I'm not too familiar with the area up there though. But I'd check your renter's agreement first. If there is something in there about pets but nothing in there about additional charges then what he is doing is extortion and against the law.

Check out those things. Other than that, finding a new apartment is as easy as looking in the paper or even online now.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • 2fast
    2fast Posts: 24
    edited July 2003
    I understand and you might get the money as working as a enginer or at subway.
  • Jstas
    edited July 2003
    Originally posted by 2fast
    I understand and you might get the money as working as a enginer or at subway.

What?

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2003
    Loose your decoder ring Jstas? I'd love to help, but can't find mine either.

I can't imagine slinging grinders at Subway would pay very much.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited July 2003
    I dont have the money to buy a home. I made about $18k last year. This year to date? I think its about $5k between work and Unemployment.
    Chris
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited July 2003
    chris just under 700 is rape dude --- in the suburbs of buffalo (the non ghetto stuff) you pay about 650 for a 2 bedroom with all utilities included.

525 for a 1 bdrm with all util.

move into the city and that can drop down to 425 or so.

why the hell is jersey so high???
  • Jstas
    edited July 2003
    Higher cost of living. Simple as that.

• CPHILHOWER
    edited July 2003
    I took my rabbit over to my parents house last night. I am quite sure she is not happy. I will have my Revenge for this. There is an abandoned pool in the complex. Has about 5' of GREEN water in it. The bugs that carry WestNile breed in places like that. I am going to call my "Friend" at the Health dept. about this. And also the access doors for the basement. Several of them are only held up with a Rotted piece of Plywood. Since I dont have anything to hold me back, Inspectors are on their way.
    Chris
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited July 2003
    sounds like a good plan to my chris...a rabbit...some people dude...
    -Cody
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited July 2003
    County Health Dept has been called about the "Pool". Fire Marshall has been called about the BBQ smoke. I'll let you know what happens.
    Chris
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited July 2003
    chris -- revenge can be sweet cant it?

its good stuff.

tighten the thumb screws on em... full speed ahead. :)
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited July 2003
    There is a Klingon proverb that says "Revenge is a dish best served cold"
    Chris
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited July 2003
    worf had a pimple in the movie before the last one -- good stuff.
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited July 2003
    Actually, it was Kahn in Star Trek II that said that.
    Chris
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited July 2003
    Kahn was an amazing character... by far, even tho special effects were junk, that is one of the best, arguably THE best, star trek movie.

i'm still partial to the last one though - nemesis - good stuff.
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited July 2003
    I think Nemesis was a little far-fetched. Picard uses the Enterprise to ram the (How is it spelled?) Simitar. Through the shields none the less.
    Chris
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited July 2003
    eh probably a bit far fetched but that shot of the bridge half ripped off the front of hte ship was amazing.
  • 2fast
    2fast Posts: 24
    edited July 2003
    forget what my brother said he is a looser about subway
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited July 2003
    To give you all an idea on hoe much of a LIAR the super is. Today I got a letter from Slum Lord Inc. Demanding removval of SAid animals. He told me he wouldnt report it until Mon 7/14. The letter was sent on 7/11. Should I mention the fact that there is 2 DOGS in the complex? One in the F 1-4 section. And a Doberman in the front section where the super lives. The DOGS he doesnt see.
    Chris
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited July 2003
    u shud threaten to break into his apt while he's sleeping, duct tape him to his bed (See how useful duct tape is) and burn his apt down with him duct taped inside...

a-la that great movie "American Psycho"

:D
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2003
    Ahhhh, American Psycho. Never got the recognition that it so very much deserved. Thom turned me onto it last year and it was one of the most twisted flix I've ever seen. A true classic!
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited July 2003
    they had it on USA couple nights ago... the edited for TV version is pretty lame -- i think they cut about 3/4 of the movie out.

i never quite figured out if it all really happened and there was a cover up, of it the guy was just on drugs and halucinated (spelling) it all ???????

any ideas????????