Cleaning house / gear sale

RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited July 2003 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I'll take pics and post links to specs etc later tonight.

So far, here's the short list.

NAD 2240PE amp - $120 shipped
NAD 1130 preamp - $75 shipped
Audio Alchemy Dac-in-the-Box - $75 shipped
Celestion F10 bookshelf speakers (new) - $100 shipped

Post here, email through the forum, or private msg.

Cheers,
Russ
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited July 2003
    Do you have an info link on the preamp? I might be interested for an office rig for the wife and her new job.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • RuSsMaN
    edited July 2003
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • HBombToo
    edited July 2003
    Russ, I'm going to buy a bottle of wine and head home in an effort to ply the wife with alcohol and beg her to let me buy the 1130 preamp. I'll send you a note later. Depending on how things go I may also want the amplifier but I'll settle for the preamp.

Thanks
    HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • RuSsMaN
    edited July 2003
    It's a great combo, I ran my CRS+ on it for quite some time.

Actually, I hate to get rid of it, but something is lurking that I just can't pass up, so I need to liquidate to make room.

Let me know brotha. Remember, I owe you for those networks you sent, so take that amount off the top.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited July 2003
    That sounds pretty good Russ. I also would like to express some interest in your NAD's....I just had to say that. Please don't call the police. :)

Henry let me know what you decide, wives should not get equipment like that :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited July 2003
    No problem Dor, I don't know why Henry would want his wife to have anything to do with my NADs.

You know, Henry isn't as dumb as he looks, sounds like a GREAT plan to score another 2ch rig, but make it look like it's not for him....

You've certainly got 2nd dibs on the New Audio Dimension gear.

Cheers,
    Russ

AA Dac and Celestions still wide open....
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2003
    Yea, he's just trying to cover it up, its probably for in front of his toilet.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • stevew14
    stevew14 Posts: 130
    edited July 2003
    Russ, I might be interested in the DAC. Could you tell me about it. Is there any info on it you could share? Specs, reviews etc.

Steve
  • RuSsMaN
    edited July 2003
    The AA DITB uses two, 18 bit Analog Devices AD 1860 DACs. It is a small unit, with a seperate power supply. Supports both Dig Coax in, and Optical. 1 set of analog RCA outputs.

It's a good little DAC. Not top of the line by any means. How can I put this?

I would say the best implementation for it would be on an older player with Dig out, or any of newer players that have your standard 1 bit DACs.

I bought it to use with my AMC CD8b, but the dual 24 bit Burr-Browns built into the AMC sound *slightly* better imo. The guy I bought it from (here locally) had it hooked up to a Pioneer 100 disc changer (1bit) and the difference in sound was literally night and day, it was like he fired up a completely different rig.

Cheers,
    Russ
    dac.jpg 17.8K
  • RuSsMaN
    edited July 2003
    Another pic, these aren't my exact unit, but close enough for a general understanding.
  • stevew14
    stevew14 Posts: 130
    edited July 2003
    So, I guess the dacs in my Toshiba 9200 are probably as good or better than those in the AA. I don't know the specs off hand but I think I'll leave well enough alone. Thanx a bunch for your reply and info. I appreciate it.

Hope it sells for ya.

Steve
  • RuSsMaN
    edited July 2003
    I think the 9200 has a single 24bit DAC for audio, so you may or may not have any improvement.

No sweat if you (or any other member) wants to try it out, if you don't like it in your rig, send it back, I'll refund in full and even cover return shipping.

Cheers,
    Rooster
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited July 2003
    I want the DAC and 3rd dibs on that preamp. Man, I'm always too late.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • RuSsMaN
    edited July 2003
    Dac is SOLD to the homo in the rainbow shirt (gidrah). Still waiting on confirm on my hairy NAD gear.

Celestion monitors still up for a $100 and a punch in the face....

Cheers,
    Rooster
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2003
    Brett's not going to like that.....and I don't think I'm going to blame him. Terrible.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)
  • RuSsMaN
    edited July 2003
    Brett is supposed to stop by this week, and lay some cable on me. Uh, I mean deliver some MIT's...

GG, I have an AR range expander for free (that AA item, range expndr/holo gen, whatever), say the word, I'll send it on to the Kloss muse.....

Cheers,
    SURELY (shirley?) Heterosexual Russ
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    edited July 2003
    This is priceless...

MxStYlEr2k2: That sounds pretty good Russ. I also would like to express some interest in your NAD's - Dor
    MxStYlEr2k2: No problem Dor, I don't know why Henry would want his wife to have anything to do with my NADs. - Russ
    jvrestore: lol, the boys are in rare forum
    MxStYlEr2k2: Dac is SOLD to the homo in the rainbow shirt (gidrah). Still waiting on confirm on my hairy NAD gear - Russ
    MxStYlEr2k2: Brett is supposed to stop by this week, and lay some cable on me. Uh, I mean deliver some MIT's... - Russ
    MxStYlEr2k2: Cheers,
    SURELY (shirley?) Heterosexual Russ
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2003
    Mx - We were members just stroking each other for fun.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    edited July 2003
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! ROFL!!!! LMAO!!!! HAHAHHAHAHAHHA! THATS HILARIOUS!!! Im rollin! I fell out of my chair!! LOL!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2003
    Could this technically end up in Maxim as "Found ****"????
  • gidrah
    edited July 2003
    I'll take the DAC, but not the Celestions. I might get blood on my shirt.

De Nile ain't just a river in Egypt.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited July 2003
    Originally posted by George Grand
    Brett's not going to like that.....and I don't think I'm going to blame him. Terrible.

Joking, I do......slander I don't........(the above was joking) Believe it or not, I can tell the difference between the two..... ;)

Now......about this cable I'm supposed to be laying on Russ.....:rolleyes:
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,707
    edited July 2003
    Personally, I find this offensive.......Anyone wanna respond to the crazy noises comin outta Sharptons mouth?

Not really, I think it's effn hilarious. Enough of the PC crap and tender little feelings......oh no, don't say that! Makes me want to puke. Everything can be offensive to somebody..... grow up!

GG, you trying to come out? ;)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited July 2003
    Uh oh........derail comin on....... :lol:

I agree that joking is joking.......but.....when something is delivered not as a joke/sarcastic comment, but instead as a pointed jab with the intention being something other than humor, that's when it's crossed the line and people will have issues.

and I agree......that Sharpton comment was freakin hilarious when I heard it. I might just start watchin SNL weekly just to see what else they throw out in that skit.......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • HBombToo
    edited July 2003
    Evidently the wife really was not all that interested in Russ's NAD's. I have to pull my bid on Russ's NADS:(

I guess Doro is up.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • gidrah
    edited July 2003
    I'm kinda happy Mrs.BombToo didn't want to pay money for Russ's nads. Now that I think about it, I don't want 'em either.

I'll wait for the 2nd round. If he's cleaning out his closet it's only to fit himself. This round should clear his head.:p
  • RuSsMaN
    edited July 2003
    Thanks for the replies fellas, doro, you sir are up to bat.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2003
    I will take 1 order of NAD's with a side of fries.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited July 2003
    Testes are sold to Dor.

Celestions are the only thing left, *reasonable* offers considered.

See the original posting about them here:
    http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10155

Cheers,
    Russ
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2003
    Russ - You wouldnt happen to have any real pics of those NAD's would you? Damn another dirty segway....

The Adobe documents have bad pics, and I can't for the life of me find much on those units on the internet.

If you do that's cool, if not no big deal. Thanks.