Rolling Storbe Light

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited July 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Well I wound up going with 4 kenwood 12's and 2 kenwood 800 watt amps now at night when my light's are and it's bangin out them tunes I get pretty serious light dimming... My proposed solution is to get a 1 farad power cap and a Optima battery will this solve my problem???
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited July 2003
    1600 watts on subs -- say another 75 x 4 on highs for rough extimating....

that's like 1900 watts / 13.8 v = 138 ampheres or more depending on efficiency of amplifiers.

that's a whole mess of current dude.

what is your stock alternator at ? 105 ? 115? 130?

if you're lights are going out its probably 105 or less... some of those chevy's came with 78.5 amp alts (i just bought one in fact...lol).

anywho -- depending on how low your alternator is, you may need more or less than your'e doing.

if you've got a 105A alt, then I would suggest the biggest die hard or whatever you can get ahold of (900 CCA or better)... and probably 2 one farad caps.

if you've already got a big magilla of a battery, you may want to add a second one ... two 900 cca die hards beat the piss outa one optima yellow top.

get back with alt specs and power line gauge size and i'll give u a better answer.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge