I didn't care to see this posted in the HT forums...

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,804
edited July 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Originally posted by faster100
I don't particularly like the way its brought forward though, seems alittle more reserve could be used while addressing the VP of POlk

What reserve would you like to see? I have no reason to kiss Al's ****. I and everyone else in the thread this was in reference to have given Al what he asked for. Honest thoughts and opinions. It seems that Al is a regular guy, just like the rest of us here. He has spoken to us with dignity and respect and he has recieved that in return. Some others have more colorful and blunt ways of expressing themselves and others (like me) are "long-winded" but so far, from what I have seen, everyone has addressed his questions. It is a productive and informative thread and I am glad to see more than the passing fanciful interest taken in this topic.

If Al has a problem with the way anyone is addressing or approaching the subject, let Al tell us how he views it. I hold Al in high esteem and have enjoyed corresponding with him through this message forum. I hope he has not been soured by any experience here and I trust that he understands that those of here who have posted are as deeply concerned about the welfare of Polk Audio as he and the rest of his co-workers are.

The talk of these issues has been pretty heavy in the Car Audio forums as of late. Many people were becoming concerned and if it took my "long winded" post to get some attention then I'm glad I did it. If anyone thinks that's funny or doesn't want to read it, then don't. I posted my thoughts, I was approached and questioned about them, along with others and I've elaborated and expanded on them while answering questions. I'm happy about it and I'm glad to see that opinions and ideas are respected as more than just a bunch of raving, lunatic, audio junky ramblings.
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• Jstas
    edited July 2003
    Go ahead, laugh it up. I'm sure your not the first one to do it, just the first one to do it publicly and I know you will not be the last.

I said my peace, there is nothing more. If you don't like it, TFB.

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited July 2003
    No worries man. I'm not offended.

Al
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited July 2003
    Seems to me that the point Faster100 was trying to make is a very valid one, but he also INTENTIONALLY didn't bring it up here so that there wouldn't be an arguement. Did this really need to be a topic of discussion? I just don't think such a comment was meant to be taken so personally, nor do I think he was addressing you, Jstas, individually.

There are concerns that the arm that seems to have been extended to the Car Audio faction of Polk will be severed and not extended to the HT faction of Polk....at least thats my concern. A lot of us HT fans have some concerns too and we'd like to be able to discuss those with someone who has some insight into the Polk HT products as well.

I guess if anyone has anything to add, go ahead, but this thread should really die soon before it turns ugly. Al isn't offended and I think I offered a decent explanation into what was meant and what the possible concerns were. I guess I can't speak for Faster, but I also don't think arguing back and forth is going to do anyone any good.

In the same breath, coming from the HT side of the boards just to offer snide remarks to someones posts in the Car Audio forums isn't the most mature thing to do either.

Dave
  • Jstas
    edited July 2003
    Comments from the peanut gallery are one thing. But participating in a thread and then running to a safe home to comment negativly about the thread that one just participated in is two faced. That is what I take issue with. In addition, like what has already been said, the powers that be are not offended or feel that anything has gotten out of line. Since the participants of the home audio side make it difficult for me to also participate there, I felt it necessary to address the issue where it was started and where the issue resides.

I don't know what the problems that people have with the Car Audio forums and the participants in these forums are but they seem petty. You, and like others if you speak for them like you think you do, put much too much credit in our influence over the powers that be. You also detract from thier character to be assigning us such power over thier willingness to deal with the forum participants. I find it amusing that everyone takes such issue with this and is now demanding equal treatment in the home audio forums. All we have done is comment on the current state of affairs as we see them. So what if our comments got the interest of Polk Audio higher ups? That doesn't make us special or anything. Why we were chosen to speak to, I don't know. All I know is that we have an opportunity to have intelligent discussion about the future of Polk Audio, where it is going, what we as the customer would like to see happen and what changes are and will be made. We as customers are valid stake holders and what these threads have shown is that Polk Audio recognizes that and values our input.

Having petty little "run and tell" postings and jealous ramblings coupled with cheap shots and snide remarks doesn't do much for the home audio forums getting the same kind of treatment. No one here is playing games. Everyone's comments to Polk Audio are honest, brutally sometimes, yet respectful. They have been treated that way and met equally in turn which is what says so much about the character of Al.

Everyone in the home audio forums is welcome to comment on the car audio subject that brought Al here. It is not my place to bar anyone entry or participation. I don't appreciate being made fun of commented about because I am voicing my opinion and offering my own ideas. So if that is all anyone from the home audio side of the forums is going to do, I think I speak for everyone when I say kindly stay out of it. You'll get your time, then you can do what you want with it. We could all do without the childish bickering that seems to rum rampant in the home audio forums. We have an opportunity to not only influence a company but to also maybe gain a new friend. Petty postings and childish bickerings are not what is needed nor are long posts berating people for addressing issues that others don't have the intestinal fortitutde to bring up to those the issues concern.

I'm done with this thread. I will comment no more about this. My only intent was to bring to the attention of everyone involved the concerns that the thread in question was out of line. I only started this thread so that the original thread was not hijacked into a petty bickering match. It has gone past that now and I don't wish to continue it. So if no one has anything constructive to say, don't say it. Don't waste any more time. But if you have something to say to those who participate in these car audio forums, give us the respect of saying it to our faces. Don't make us have to goto another forum to read your concerns and/or negative comments about the threads or even us.

• faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited July 2003
    Originally posted by Jstas

What reserve would you like to see?

I have no reason to kiss Al's ****.

Enough said,

For the sake of not starting World war 3 in here. My My their was 2or more people in that thread besides Al, So do you feel guilty?
    Did i mention your name? You got mad for the "long winded" comment and decided to search my post and noticed i left the above statment, And just for the record i didn't participate in that thread, so i didn't run to a safe home, and be 2 faced.. unless you were speaking of someone else?? Further More... Look how you used to act in the Home audio forum, enough said. you even got banned once for a short time. Please don't judge me or come at me with such garbage when you don't know who or what it was meant for.

Far as you being long winded, what ever floats your boat. I was saying that with a smiley, Far as team spirit!!! You have jumped all over a few newbies on this forum, particularly the guy who was trying to sell something recently, You act like you own this side of the forum and thus act accordingly to new users and people you don't agree with, I never said anything "HERE" because i don't visit here on a regular basis and didn't feel the need to police the erea, Someone should address your approuch to people in general here.. you wanted a Direct Hit from me?? I never intended it that way but you may have it now my friend.. Unlike alot of people i don't pull punches,(ask the HT guys) And i don't appreciate you calling me out and much less "over here" instead of in the thread it was mentioned in, I only have participated in the Audio forum to help that guy with his CB, I'm sorry i made the mistake of entering "your domain" or where you got run off to, as you couldn't compose your self over in Home audio, seems fitting you run over here and take over and they welcome you with open arms, SEE everyone has a place of acceptance right??

Ok this will be the one and only post i write in reply to this Ridiculous post!! Please in the future approuch me directly and don't quote my post and drag them over here. and learn some respect!!!!!!!!

:D:D
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited July 2003
    YES FOLKS, I'M THE BLUNT ONE.

You know, when I was still back in highschool, if anyone on the football team went and whined to the administration about something rather than simply spit it out in front of everyone, we beat them to a bloody pulp and left them laying in the middle of a 45 mph 4 lane road.

Then we'd pick up their piece of junk Miata that daddy bought them and lay it on its side.

Ahh... the good old days.

I actually like Al...

And I think he likes everybody else and just about tolerates me... which ain't too bad :)

Tact is for the dead. There's a methods of mayhem CD that states clearly on its cover, something akin to "This CD ought be played as loud as humanly possible, because its quiet when you're dead."

Jstas didn't retreat anywhere, last I recall... he got ragged on by dipsticks and somebody narc-ed to daddy justin, so he got slapped with a week off the boards... and to avoid wasting his time on such another deal, he's stuck around here... at least we can engage in useful conversation.

Proof positive yet again that car audio, and its users, put the home audio types to shame.

Go back to whence yee came foul beast.

Take your caviar, you're leather sofa, your vaulted ceiling, the pole which seems jammed up your sphinxter(spelling), and your damned home audio speakers, and go watch Oprah in 7 dolby channels.

I prefer Transformers in its original 2 channel stereo with a tower and satellite per channel and roughly 100 watts to each. And maybe someday I'll build a coffee table with an old Orion HCCA amp and an Alumapro M16 sub in it.... JUST to make the home audio types cringe.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited July 2003
    well...
    1. Polk's name was made off HT, let the car audio guys have a chance with one of the reps.
    2. We used enough reserve to not offend anybody, but we said enough to get our point across.
    3. Jstas was hard on that guy trying to sell his JL crap here because the guy trying to sell it pretty much started the whole thing, what jstas said was that it wasnt a good idea to sell JL here, jstas said that knowing everyone in this forum knows its crap...he was giving him a warning...the guy took it wrong and talked crap, jstas just treated him back the way he got treated
    4. He got kicked out for cussing i believe, youve never cussed?
    5. who exactly were you talking about for your original comment? and yes, why didnt you say it over here?
    I dont know if it was jealousy b/c someone finally gives the car audio a little attention or if you feel threatened or what
    get over it
    -Cody
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,535
    edited July 2003
    If your talking about the old transformer cartoons
    Those rule! The Home Audio forum is a soap opra! The Car Audio forum seems to be more serious, now only if the Home Audio folks would take yalls lead and be like wise. Oh well, to much to ask!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited July 2003
    Originally posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3
    Oh well, to much to ask!
    were hoping its not:)
    i see it says southern pride under you name...where are you from?
    -Cody
  • VR3
    edited July 2003
    North Carolina

Problem with the Home Audio gang is there are 50% clowns, 25% show offs and 24% serious and 1% there! (I'm part clown/serious/there)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    edited July 2003
    Dangit ATC, Nothing wrong with NC - atleast we dont marry our family! ;)

I think the Home Audio forum would be alot more serious if we had this cool forum layout! I still can't get over how much cooler this place is in comparison!

ATC, What-A-Burger, the one down here........has gotta have some of the NASTIEST food I have ever HAD! YACK!
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited July 2003
    regarding the artistic layout of this forum...

what was it? about 4 or 5 yrs ago i believe? - this was (im pretty sure) the ONLY polk audio forum board. -- car audio.

or maybe there was another, but either way... let me give you the lineage...

when polk first dropped the momo speakers on the scene, they dropped a phat lookin website on us too -- some may have liked the website more than the speakers but at the time all i can remember is reading "THIS IS THE SUB THAT GETS THE GIRLS" -- and it heightened my desire to own momo's to peak levels... i couldn't afford them though -- 379 a sub was outa my reach and i was happy with my DX's for less than half that. so i just vicariously lived momo through the website....lol.

anywho -- it was like www.polkmomo.com or polkaudio.com/momo or somethign like that...

it was completely separate from the normal polk page -- and there was a link you could click on the polk page that would transport you to momo-land.

the website's design was all black with red / silver / gold asthetics -- virtually identical to what you're looking at in this here board.

there was a forum on there... called the "Infield Forum" as i believe this board is still called (looks up -- yup -- it is).

there were no usernames or passwords and initially ANYONE could post up -- you just typed in your web email and that was your username.

it was massively disorganized but a little bit of helpful info was exchanged.

when it went to "you have to put in a momo registration to get in" - i could no longer view it or post it in -- had to have momo's, not even any polk product, specifically momo's.

many moons later this board popped up -- and i must say i'm glad for it -- i like it -- it keeps me "outa trouble" when i'm bored outa my skull, and its a good place to swap information.

some of its crap, some of its ingenius brainstorms, some of its just "hey whats up" -- but its cool.

i think the color scheme should be reserved for us car types -- we stick out -- we're different... and at least most of us know where the color scheme came from - a car audio product. :)

"Viva la car audio" er somethin like that.

;)
  • VR3
    edited July 2003
    They could make the Home Audio board alot cooler though. I mean our board reminds me of a Doctors office.
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited July 2003
    the whataburgers down here are the way to go...we have one over looking the ocean...the only 2-story whataburger..its very nice
    -Cody
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited July 2003
    I would think the thread is dead since we are talking about hamburgers, hehe, which are always good.

Powered - I just turned my work truck in for a rental and they gave me a brand new Dodge 1500 Crew Cab Hemi as a loaner. What are your thoughts on that truck? and engine? I was impressed by its power thats for damn sure :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited July 2003
    im a GM guy...but the hemis are...im at a loss of words...theyre frickin great
    -Cody
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2003
    SNT - I am certainly impressed, havn't had hp like that since my old doctored up 280Z. I think this truck would not only pass my souped up Z, but drive over it....ugh

I thought the truck as a whole was basic, but it was a rental, and the steering is really overboosted. Ride was as expected, par for the course.

I am also a GM man, but I give props to this truck. The body style is, since introduction, downright rough looking. Notice how Chevy has adopted the front fascia from the Avalanche into all lines? I like that look alot. A truck should make you move the hell over at 80 mph....lol
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited July 2003
    i HATE the headlights on the new chevys...they look awful...the GMC's headlights are still fine..i hope gmc doesnt make their headlights like chevys ever
    -Cody
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2003
    Really!? You hate them, I think they look pretty good. :)

It seems like more and more vehicles are being introduced with that "love it or hate it" look these days. Ya GMC has stayed steady as far as major changes go.
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited July 2003
    My grandpa got a new 2003 chevy 1500HD, four door, short bed...he told me "look at this crap cody, you can tell more and more of this stuff is being made in japan, just look at the japanese eyes-looking headlights"
    i thought that was pretty funny
    does chevy have the quadrasteer(spelling?), or is it only GMC, i want one of those trucks!
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited July 2003
    the dual plug hemi engines are what mopar needed ...

the 318 was a dog of an engine, and while durable, reliable, and rare to break down, it wasn't much on pickup, accel, horse, or anything useful...

so they made a 4.7 liter "hemi" engine that's not really a hemi -- its a wanna be hemi -- they call the 6 cyl, the little 8, and the ACTUAL HEMI (big 8) all "hemi's" -- but who cares... anywho...

the 4.7 is a grocery getter engine... which is fine if you want fuel economy and just wanna use the truck as a family daily driver or whatever.. that's cool.

but if u want a TRUCK engine -- that 5.7L Hemi-Magnum is the way to go -- round 350 horse straight outa the box.

hell of an engine.

4 wheel disc brakes, improved steering, and a body style that says "if u try to cut in front of me, i'm going to take a bite out of your ****"

i always liked the 360 v8 (what's in my current dodge)... the 5.7 hemi replaced it, but for what its worth, if you dont want pull a tractor trailer behind you, the 360 is plenty as long as you keep her tuned up.

if i had $$ i'd be buying a 2003 ram Heavy Duty... but since i dont... ill just cry...
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2003
    PbD - Yea the 5.7L Hemi Magnum is what I have for a rental now, its real nice engine indeed. I am not a Dodge fan, but was impressed 100%.

SNT - LOL, that is a good line :)