streetwires zn 5.0 dual jacket 2 channel interconnect

sntnsupermen131
sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
edited July 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
know where i can get them in 12 ft lengths?
part number 15367
anybody?
i found a website...www.eau.com/sw/intercon
they have them there but no place to check out
im going to call them monday
but any help on finding these wires would be appreciated
-Cody
Post edited by sntnsupermen131 on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited July 2003
    cody -- the website you posted is for Esoteric Audio Inc.. hence "eau"

go to www.eau.com and you'll see the main page for all of esoteric audi's stuff -- goldquest, streetwires, etc etc...

they've been out of business about a year and a half now? maybe more.

Mitek (mtx) bought the rights to their Streetwires section for about 100 thousand bucks and a sack of magic beans... Esoteric was in horrible shape towards the end financially.

but they always made good product -- old Esoteric amplifiers are the kind of things that usamps / zapco / orion HCCA to shame.

its a shame they're gone.

as a result - that phone number is going to be disconnected or come up dead.

if you want information on streetwires - 'ure gonna have to talk to mtx -- 1-800-CALL-MTX

they got all the warehouse leftovers from Esoteric when they bought them out --- they were selling Esoteric Audio / Streetwires Originals Series power wire for like dirt cheap -- 2 gauge and 0 gauge rolls of 200 feet for like 50 bucks. but that was like a year ago and its probably all gone now (www.mitekwarehouse.com)

there MAY be some 5.0 stuff kicking around that they're just not listing on the warehouse site -- i know their new demo cars up to about 6 mos ago had 5.0 gear in it.

crutchfield had 16 foot runs available about 8 months ago in old stock - they may still have them since they haven't been listed in the book so nobody probaby thought ot ask -- i know 16 feet is 4 feet longer than u want, but if u're stuck, it might be worth havin to coil up a 2 or 3 feet behind the dash.

i'll do some digging and see what i can find -- let u know in a few days.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited July 2003
    what exact quantities and lengths do u need.

if u're doin two runs for highs (one front / one rear[when u get the little amp and the 4x6's])

and then one for subs which then gets pulled down the middle for the last foot or so to split to two sub amps...

that's like 3 12 footers?

i'm assuming this is how u said u wanted to do it in the end, i might have gotten u wrong.
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited July 2003
    on the website i listed above had them in 12ft lengths, thats why i said 12 ft, the next lower was only 6 ft
    i just need one for the subs, the other amps im going to get the newer 3.0s
    ill call around monday b/c im off on mondays...see where i can find some
    thanks for the help
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited July 2003
    gotcha -- i'll be lookin.
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited July 2003
    tomorrow all i have to do is change my oil...so ill be looking almost all day...ill tell you what i come up with
    thanks again
    -Cody
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited July 2003
    Originally posted by PoweredByDodge

but they always made good product -- old Esoteric amplifiers are the kind of things that usamps / zapco / orion HCCA to shame.

its a shame they're gone.

Actually, the amps are what sunk them (maybe the speakers they were working on was a part of it as well). Most of the guys I talked to on the IASCA circuit had complaints about them. In theory nice amps but in reality they had problems. I know one guy that sent his amps in for repair several times and couldn't eliminate the noise problems they had. He previously had Phoenix Gold with no probelms and now runs DLS and wins all the time.
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited July 2003
    and any ideas where i can find the wires thom?
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited July 2003
    Originally posted by Thom
    Actually, the amps are what sunk them (maybe the speakers they were working on was a part of it as well). Most of the guys I talked to on the IASCA circuit had complaints about them. In theory nice amps but in reality they had problems. I know one guy that sent his amps in for repair several times and couldn't eliminate the noise problems they had. He previously had Phoenix Gold with no probelms and now runs DLS and wins all the time.

hmm.. see i never got to work with them... i've heard them a couple of times and was utterly awestruck.

then again, i can see that happening, that's like audiobahn... you'll get some that sound great.. some that sound like terd... and most that break down.
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited July 2003
    Originally posted by sntnsupermen131
    and any ideas where i can find the wires thom?
    -Cody

Not nowadays. Why do you have your heart set on them? I'm guessing you've got other cables that are the same. I had a bunch of the ZN 5.0 wires when they came out (quite a step up from the crap they called high- end before that- Musica series, I think). The first couple pairs I got were single white jacket. The secong time I order several pairs I got the single clear jacket. The third time I ordered some I got the dual clear jacket. Very consistent. Especially considering I dropped more than $700 in RCA's. Quite a few of them had to be re- soldered because one channel didn't work out of the package. I'd never recommend them but if you're looking to match I guess you're stuck.

I'd say keep you eyes peeled on eBay. I'll look around and see if I can find a pair, but that specific length and dual jacket is unlikely.
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited July 2003
    I'm not trying to match, I just need a dual jacket and I'm told these are the ones I should be looking for b/c theyre about the highest quality I can get....been told this from multiple sources, and theres not a lot of dual jackets to pick from now...
    i need a dual jacket b/c i have 2 amps for my 2 mm12s and only 1 sub pre out and im going to run the cable from the HU...split it off before the amps and get some y-connectors to connect it to the two seperate amps...this way it will be true stereo and the subs will sound exactly alike
    i havent heard the problems that you were talking about...the having to resolder...and believe me, ive been getting the low down on the 5.0s for a while now, ive found them to be in a lot of cars, cars that were wired recently, the people have gone out and found these wires, crutchfield has 1 pair left, im ordering them in a few minutes when my i get my credit card back, they had them earlier today, hopefully theyll have them for another 30 minutes
    theyre 16 ft long, i wanted 12 b/c
    1. shorter is better
    2. shorter is cheaper in price
    but 16 will do great
    thanks
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited July 2003
    Originally posted by Thom
    Quite a few of them had to be re- soldered because one channel didn't work out of the package. I'd never recommend them but if you're looking to match I guess you're stuck.

funky... i never had that problem - then again all i ever got was the dual clear jacket with red/white/blue threading inside over the leads...

maybe they improved over the models? -- like the white jackets sucked, the single jacket clears had issues, then the dual jacket last issue were ok ???

i dunno... but i've had like *counting* 8 individual 5.0 patch cables and have found them to be utterly the nicest thing since sliced bread.

I have yet to hear swiss audio but i hear they're pretty snazzy too.

i'msure there are better MFG's out there but at what cost? i've seen some patch cables go as high as 300 dollars for a 6 foot length... that's a bit excessive cost... but i suppose if you're doing SQ comp and u want a totally "dead" cable - then its worth it.

for the daily driving and even moderate comp i'd swear by the ZN 5.0 ... unless of course they **** the bed on me liek they did you out of the package... that'd sour me on them pretty bad...lol.