custom enclosure for mm100

Options
paul mx3
paul mx3 Posts: 22
edited July 2003 in Custom Fabrication
hi im going to be building a custom enclosure for a mm100 sub made from fibreglass so that it fits into the recess in the corner of my boot how will i be able to get the enclosure size to the correct specs.
Post edited by paul mx3 on

Comments

• paul mx3
    paul mx3 Posts: 22
    edited July 2003
    Options
    also does anyone have any good ideas on how to get the shape right without getting fibreglass allover the place.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited July 2003
    Options
    allo.
    i'm also new 2 car audio but have bought and read many books about custom installs.

the best way 2 get the rear of the fiberglass box to fit in the recess, is to:

Tape up all of the area that you want the box to fit into (with a tape that can b easily removed), wax it up so the fiberglass resin doesn't stick to it.

Dry fit a layer of fiberglass mat into the taped up recess. Then cover in resin, roll out all air bubbles!. Add another pice of mat and resin to make it thick and roll again. Add more mat and resin to make it thick and roll. (make sure the mat is totally covered with resin and that you have all the air bubbles out!).

remove when dry and you should have a perfectly moulded back panel for your sub-box.

Hoped this helped!
    if you need more help email me at: jezma@hotmail.com and then i can prob send you pics and instructions on how to make a mid + tweeter mount kickpanel, that use exactly the same principal as your sub box!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited July 2003
    Options
    soz, on closer inspection of 1 of my books i have exact plans on how to make a fiberglass sub-box!
    email me and i'll send you the plans!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing