edited October 2010 in Video Games
Anyone spent time with this yet?
Post edited by orrb_05 on

Comments

• messiah
    messiah Posts: 1,790
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Not yet, but I plan to. I think Fallout 3 was one of the best games in a long time.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin, February 17th, 1775.

"The day that I have to give up my constitutional rights AND let some dude rub my junk...well, let's just say that it's gonna be a real bad day for the dude trying to rub my junk!!"
    messiah, November 23rd, 2010
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Fallout 3 is easily in my top 5 of all time. If you approach this from the mindset that you're buying an expansion for Fallout 3 then you'll be happy. If you're expecting something new and groundbreaking you'll be dissapointed.

I've put about 10 hours in so far and I really like it, but anyone who tells you it's not more Fallout 3 is either dillusional or lying to you.

That being said, its a HUGE expansion with new weapons and baddies and tons of space to explore. It's easily worth the $50 they want for it. It's the same graphics engine and all that, and has the same technical issues as Fallout 3. I have both this and Fallout 3 on PC and don't have any problems with either one, but a fried who has issues with Fallout 3 has the same issues with this one.
  • Hardtail67
    Hardtail67 Posts: 52
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Have you run into any of the bugs and glitches yet. I haven't started it yet because of all the bad reviews. I heard there is a patch for the Xbox and the PC but not the PS3.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited October 2010
    Options
    It's got the same bugs as Fallout 3. I had problems with Fallout 3 early on but have since resolved those and have been bug free in Fallout 3 for well over a year now. I've had no issue with New Vegas. My understanding and experience thus far is that if you're bug free in Fallout 3 you should have the same with Vegas.
  • orrb_05
    orrb_05 Posts: 215
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'd heard it was basically just MORE Fallout 3 and not a complete re-work.
  • messiah
    messiah Posts: 1,790
    edited October 2010
    Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas

Fallout: New Vegas is a role-playing video game in the Fallout series by Obsidian Entertainment (many employees of which worked for Black Isle Studios on Fallout and Fallout 2). It was released in North America on October 19, 2010, Australia on October 21, 2010, and Europe on October 22, 2010.[5]

Fallout: New Vegas is not a direct sequel to Fallout 3.[9][10] The game offers a similar role-playing experience to Fallout 3 and events are set three years later. While no characters from the previous game appeared, the game marks the return of Marcus, a super-mutant from Fallout 2, again voiced by Michael Dorn.[10]
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin, February 17th, 1775.

"The day that I have to give up my constitutional rights AND let some dude rub my junk...well, let's just say that it's gonna be a real bad day for the dude trying to rub my junk!!"
    messiah, November 23rd, 2010