Infered Extenders

Options
Beta
Beta Posts: 267
I have just enough understanding of 2-channel audio to keep myself out of trouble. Home Theater is an entirely different story.

My 2-channel gear is currently set up in our living room (and to my wife’s disappointment isn’t going to move). Unfortunately, our home theater needs to be moved into our living room as well.

Therefore, to save space and to not intrude on my 2-channel rig, I have an electrician coming on Monday to run electrical, wall-mount a TV and to install POLK LCi in-wall fronts, an in-wall center and in-ceiling rear surround speakers.

Our TV is being placed above our fireplace. This wall backs up to our garage. Therefore, my AVR, cable box, APC H-15 and blu ray player are all going to be placed in the garage so they are out of sight.

Does anyone have any suggestions with reference to a quality infrared extender or any other type of mechanism that I can obtain that will allow me to control my home theater system even though it is placed in the garage (i.e. in a different room)?

Any thoughts or recommendations on this subject matter would be kindly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments